We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for places to stay on a budget?

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
485 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for places to stay on a budget?

We will be spending 3 nights in Key West in mid-July. We would like to stay under $125/night, but under $100 would be better.

I've had good luck with Priceline's name-your-own-price feature in the past, but I'm not sure how that will translate to Key West.

We were thinking we might be able to get a bed-and-breakfast type place cheap? I'm looking into Casa 325.

We will have a car, so transportation isn't an issue, but parking is.

Any suggestions?

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for places to stay on a budget?

Just searching through Expedia for the 2nd weekend in July pulls up places like the Quality Inn and Comfort inn around $125 per night. If you don't stay on a weekend you might find a rate around $120, but no way would you find anything under $100. You'll likely have to look further away from Duval street than closer.

Here's a tip from past experience. Check out a place called the "Seashell Motel." It is a motel/hostel that offers private rooms starting around $75 and up as well as shared down rooms with a bunk starting at $44 per person. It is actually not that far of a walk from Duval. There is a shared kitchen where you can cook food also, which could save you money. Last time I was there it was clean, safe, the staff was friendly and we had a nice time meeting new people. The only annoying thing was the european girl who washed her undies in the dorm sink and hung them all over the room! LoL

Good luck!!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
468 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for places to stay on a budget?

Check the "Southern Most Point Guest House"

Standard Rooms $75-$115 summer rates

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for places to stay on a budget?

I would also look at Best Western Hibiscus and the Blue Marlin. For B&B's, The Angelina and The Speakeasy.

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for places to stay on a budget?

Angelina Guest House is a nice B&B and has very reasonable rates.

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
862 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas for places to stay on a budget?

My wife and I have stayed at the Angelina and highly recommend it. I'd go back there anytime.

Sheffield Lake, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas for places to stay on a budget?

We stay at the Angelina each and every visit because we just love it that much! However, there are many, many B&B's in Key West that are very reasonable price-wise. I'd do a search on TA for KW B&B's, and check their ratings. We'll be there in July as well, but at the beginning. If a B&B really isn't your thing, take a look at the Double Tree Resort. Fairly reasonable rates, very nice pool area, food, etc.., but you would definitely need to drive to get into Old Town.

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,412 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas for places to stay on a budget?

That time of year you may be able to get a room for that price at Key West Bed and Breakfast, our favorite place to stay.

http://www.keywestbandb.com/

Angelina Guest House would also fit the bill and we've enjoyed our stays there as well.

http://www.angelinaguesthouse.com/

Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ideas for places to stay on a budget?

Casa 325 is lovely and in a great location. That is a great rate!

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ideas for places to stay on a budget?

Angelina Guest House is an excellent place for the price. Rooms can be small, but very clean and it has a nice pool and grounds, does a nice continental breakfast and is just 2 blocks off Duval.

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ideas for places to stay on a budget?

Last year we stayed at cruisemom's suggestion of Key West Bed & Breakfast and it is a very nice, highly rated B&B (#1 currently on TA) at the top end of your budget, but worth every penny. The staff is the best I can imagine and the inn is decorated with beautiful local art that exemplifies what I think of when I think Key West. On this year's trip next month, we are booked at Southernmost Point Guest House as per donnafla's recommendation. Once again we were looking for an economical place to stay, but wanted to try the other side of the island this time, and it fits the bill on your price point also.