We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report from our best vacation ever!! day 2

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
118 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
trip report from our best vacation ever!! day 2

here is day 2 from my report. We woke up refreshed and ready to go with the key lime curtains making the room a lovely shade of that great lime green.

After having breakfast at our inn..great continental style with lots fresh items we got dressed and ready for the day. After checking through my obsessive notes i took from the forum and I had in my head what we needed to do for the day....mind you I wish I took notes so that I could remember details a little more..I'm sure my husband would have thought that would have been just a little on the crazy side. Although when he first looked at my notes he laughed at me but at end of trip he thanked me for planning such a great trip.

we headed down to the southend of Duval since we hadnt been there yet. They started closing of part of Duval by this time for the Pride festivities later on that day.

As we wandered down duval we hit alot of the shops on the way seeing great fun gift items key west had to offer. I love love those pictures with the turquiose water framed in the lobster traps...almost had my husband convinced to buy one but maybe next time....he says he could make the frame...but im not sure were we would get old lobster traps in ontario lol

First stop obligatory picture with southernmost point monument. Didnt have to wait very long for this and there was nice shade that we lined up in like the crazy tourists we were. People were great and everyone in line helped out with taking pictures. After this we headed over the southern point cafe attached to i think southernmost point hotel...nice place which i would like to stay at one day. My husband and i had a running joke about all the things with southernmost point in it..started taking pictures of southern most things like fire hydrons and stop signs lol

the cafe was great and we sat at the bar...which we ended up doing at all bars we visited...great conversation and everyone so willing to talk. With the fans misting on us we ordered to fabulous drinks and watched the ocean....ah does it get any better than this?

after this the day was getting warm so we headed back down to our inn stopping here and there. The pride stuff was up and running and they had some great little vendors set up..great people!!

we grabbed some deli sandwiches at a little place by our inn and headed to our great little private balcony to enjoy lunch. we then headed down to pool area to hang out for the afternoon and have great little nap. As we were laying there a 3 foot iguana came right up to my chair...i litterly almost died lol i woke my husband and started fumbling with camera trying to get picture...comedy act for sure. later when we were talking to the inn keeper I asked him about him and he said "ahhh no is that guy back..he leaves me great presents all over the patio...the iguanas and the chickens " lol on a side note I love the chickens and roosters running around...still cant believe it..im sure if i lived there after awhile they would drive me crazy...we were lucky to not being woken up by that early rooster i guess.

we ended up getting ready and dressed up for our dinner cruise with ilseescapes and captain alex. We left a little early so that I could cross some happy hour places off my crazy list. First and best stop was Alzonzos. we ended up getting great seats at the bar and immediately started talking to people around us. we didnt eat here but the drinks were so good we decided to come back on sunday for their app specials.

at 5 we headed over to captain alexs boat for our dinner cruise. I am so so happy i chose this cruise. I had been tossing around different ideas...didnt really want the booze cruise as it was just my husband and I..it was between this and the wind and wine one..which we might try next time we come down. To our luck there was only one other couple on board with us (I guess there is normally 3) A great couple from new jersey who made for some great conversation. Capt alex was great as well as his first mate christina...i cant say eneough about this cruise..from the food..ombiance sunset over ocean and great conversation. thks captain alex great night!! he mentioned that he is buying a bigger boat and might do 3-4 day excursions which we might do one day. after the cruise it eas off for more drinks down duval...same sort of night as friday...great music, drinks and people...so another swim in the pool and a great successful day 2 in key west...

coming next day 3 and the bike rentals!!

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report from our best vacation ever!! day 2

Great day 2! Keep 'em coming! :)

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
960 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report from our best vacation ever!! day 2

We will be touring the keys in october...

Thanks for the reports really helping us out

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report from our best vacation ever!! day 2

Great to hear. We are doing Islescapes next Wednesday!!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
118 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report from our best vacation ever!! day 2

dude2360 you will enjoy it so much...cant say eneough about it! tell captn alex patti and ken from canada say hi!! food is awesome

5. Re: trip report from our best vacation ever!! day 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 10:16