We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to get tattoo in Key West

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sebring, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Want to get tattoo in Key West

I'm looking to get my 6th tat in KW...

I've read up that Key West Ink and Paradise Ink are not very good, compared to Goldie's on Stock Island.

Opinions wanted.

Key West
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to get tattoo in Key West

I got mine at Goldie's on Stock Island years ago and I recomend them. I know a few people that have gotten tats at Key West Ink when they first opened. I have not heard anything negative about any of the tatoo places other then there was some sort of ownership dispute at one of them. Keep in mind that if you have been drinking (even one beer) none of the tattoo shops will put ink on you.

Bonez

falls church va
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to get tattoo in Key West

Between me and my wife we have gotten several tat's at Paradise and have been extemely happy. Actually your post is the first time I've read anything negative about them. Where did you get your info? Just curious.

Sebring, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to get tattoo in Key West

I saw a website that rated Key West Ink and Paradise and they got just as many negative reviews as good reviews.

I found a tattoo a website rating Goldie's and all of the reviews mentioned that the other shops wanted a LOT more money than Goldie's and that the customer service was horrible at the other shops.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to get tattoo in Key West

Funny you would ask this question. I've never had a tattoo in my life, but just told my husband that I might want to consider one on our trip next week (he is less than enthused). Good to know about the 'no alcohol" stipulation, though...

northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to get tattoo in Key West

I too am thinking of my first tattoo while there. Do you have to stay out of water and sun after having one?

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
360 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want to get tattoo in Key West

Yes, you should stay out of the sun and definately out of the water after getting a tattoo. That's why I got mine several months before vacation instead of getting one while on vacation. Just a personal preference.

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
599 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Want to get tattoo in Key West

To solve that problem - just get one the night before you leave for home. It might be a good thing to set an appointment rather than walking in. You never know how many people are waiting.

8. Re: Want to get tattoo in Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 October 2011, 14:05
9. Re: Want to get tattoo in Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 October 2011, 14:05
Key West, FL
Level Contributor
3 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Want to get tattoo in Key West

I just finished up my 3rd Tat. I went to PJ at Key West Tattoo. Being a local, I wouldn't go to anyone else. His does good work and is professional. You'll have to go out to Stock Island to see him, but he is worth the short trip. He is definitely not jaded by all the tourists that walk into the shops on Duval. He cares about his work and his name.