We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wet Shoes

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Biloxi, Ms.
Level Contributor
247 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Wet Shoes

Since you don't have a Walmart should I purchase water shoes before I come down there? Are there places that I can buy them there that are not jacked up in price?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wet Shoes

there is a k mart

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,537 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wet Shoes

There is a super Walmart in Homestead before you enter the keys. There is also a K-Mart and a Bealls outlet in Key Largo. Most of those type places have normal pricing however the sales tax in the keys is much higher than other cities in Florida.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wet Shoes

And IMO the fact that we don't have a Walmart is a very good thing. Kmart has fair priced but if you truly need a walmart, there is one on US1 in Florida city.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wet Shoes

CVS on Truman has them as well. We got two pairs for $15 bucks with the CVS card.

Biloxi, Ms.
Level Contributor
247 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wet Shoes

I don't need a walmart. I just want to know if I need to buy them before I get there. It sounds like I can get them at the CVS if I need them.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,618 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wet Shoes

What if you can't find a size or style that you like in Key West?

What if they are out of them?

What if they are closed when you want to go?

What if you can't get there?

I'd buy a pair a take at home them with you. You can never be to safe when it comes to this.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wet Shoes

You can buy them in kw. I just don't know what you would consider a "jacked up price" I've never been in a Walmart so I can't compare. Walgreens on Roosevelt should have them as well.

Biloxi, Ms.
Level Contributor
247 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wet Shoes

Buffetguy69 are you being a little dramatic. I think I will be fine. I think right now I am more concerned about snorkeling than water shoes. Sounds like I can't touch nothing and wear no jewelry. Gotta watch out for the barracuda. I just didn't want to pay $40 for a pair of water shoes when I can buy them for $15 bucks here at Walmart. I am trying not to pack that much stuff so I can buy stuff there. I am sure I won't keep the shoes and will toss them when I am done. I won't toss them if I pay $40 buck though. They better be leather if I pay that much. Lol.

Michigan
Level Contributor
905 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wet Shoes

I think there is a perception with a "tourist destination" that it's going to be like Disney World where you can't find an aspirin for less than $8. In reality, it has drugstores like everywhere else: CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens all have several locations in Old Town. On our last trip, we brought only carry-ons and purchased all our non-TSA-approved toiletries when we got there. The prices weren't any different than at home and in total cost less than the airlines would have charged us to check a bag.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,554 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wet Shoes

If you're snorkeling from a boat, you don't need the water shoes. If you go in from shore - then probably. Buy them when you get here.