We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your Key West song (and why)?

What is your Key West song (and why)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2016, 13:30
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,503 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your Key West song (and why)?

As much as 10 years ago there used to be a singer who pulled a stool out of the White Tarpon on Thursday nights and sang for tips and shots. He would also ask trivia questions between songs and joke with the cusotmers. The trivia was pretty routine and once he asked how many grooves there are on an LP? I couldn't resist...Two, one on the front and one on the back. Since ths was correct and before he could go on I asked for a prize - a request. He said sure as long as he knew it. I've always liked the old Arlo Guthrie song, The City of New Orleans and so asked for it. He said it was one of his favorites, too, and did a pretty good cover of it.

Whenever I hear The City of New Orleans I think of Key West on a Thursday night at the White Tarpon, sipping a cafe con leche from the old Damned Good Food place.

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your Key West song (and why)?

Tin Cup Chalice. :)

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your Key West song (and why)?

Keys Disease by Kevin Hurley - nuthin' you can do when you feel so ill at ease, you got the keys disease... Why? Because that sums it up.

Pass Christian...
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your Key West song (and why)?

Right now it is Coastal by Kenny Chesney. Love the last verse ... two of my favorite places!

Sounds so good, got me thinking

What do y'all say after I'm done singing

We just take a little getaway

Cruise it down the A1A

Florabama to the Keys

Better keep your eye on me

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your Key West song (and why)?

"Key West Address" by James Slater is making me look forward to geting there soon! He has a fun video for it on YouTube.

Level Contributor
905 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your Key West song (and why)?

"Island in the Sun" by Weezer!

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your Key West song (and why)?

Livin' on Key West Time by Howard Livingston.....just cos : )

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,573 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your Key West song (and why)?

Permanent Vacation, Kenny Chesney

Level Contributor
67 posts
558 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your Key West song (and why)?

There's a couple of "cheesy", (no offence Messrs. McCloud and Colt), numbers I like but I only hear these tunes when I'm playing them at home, (Yes - I did buy the CD's!).

However, a number that I hear pretty regularly on the radio is Bob Marley's "I Shot the Sheriff", which was covered by Eric Clapton on the "461 Ocean Boulevard" album. I heard the great Carl Peachy play it in Capt. Tony's years ago, when he performed what could be described as a Clapton tribute set and was completely blown away. For my money, Carl is the best musician on the island. Like all great “axe-men” he makes it look so relaxed and easy.

Whenever I hear this number, I'm back in Capt. Tony's, kickin' back and listening to Carl's band.

Level Contributor
171 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your Key West song (and why)?

At the moment it's Toes by the Zac Brown band... "got my toes in the water, as* in the sand, not a worry in my mind, a cold beer in my hand, life is good today" I think that sums it up pretty well!