We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March vacation

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Altoona...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
March vacation

Is March a good month to the Keys? I know alot of places are slow in off season and some places even closed till tourist season starts up

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,691 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March vacation

March IS high season.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,000 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March vacation

There are trip reports for every month of the year, year-in and year-out where you can get an idea of what people do then. Here is one for March of this year...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k437794…

Pjk

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March vacation

March is a great time to visit the Keys - a little pricier because it IS high season, but still worth it.

Easton,Pa
Level Contributor
258 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March vacation

March is more crowded than our other time of year to visit KW(1st week of Dec.) but it is so nice to get out of the cccccold NE. It's a perfect time of year to visit!!!

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March vacation

Every month is a great time to go to Key West.

March is high season and the weather is ( as a norm ) very nice. The water may be a little chilly ( low 70s ) but that depends on you and what temp water you like to swim in.

Altoona...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: March vacation

Thanks to all! March it will be......perfect time to break out of the cold winter in Pa

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: March vacation

March is our favorite time to go. It gives you something to look forward to during the cold dark days of winter. And low 70's for the water is the highest Lake Michigan ever gets, so it is perfect for us !!!!

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: March vacation

We're there for the month of March and love that time of year. You can expect spring breakers as well as St Paddy day partyers as a couple of events that occur that month.

Buster

Maryland
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: March vacation

Hello

I am trying to decide on the month of march or april to go to key west. I do want to snorkel so how is the temps?

Thanks

Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: March vacation

March and April are both great - the later in the year, the warmer the water. Spring breakers in March are fun to watch and in April it can feel like Disney with the familys/kids over easter break, but it's all good. We're going to try to do both this year. For snorking, I'd pick April,