We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather

Greensburg, PA
Level Contributor
36 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Current weather

So, looking at accuweather, which I do not find to be overwhelmingly accurate, it seems Key West is in a bit of a rain spell.

True or false. Is it very passing or quit lengthy? Or really not at all?

We arrive October 7, and while it is a ways off for any reliable weather, accuweather shows nothing but rain. Which I find quite funny.

Give a girl some hope.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,569 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather

10 days out is too far to predict the weather in Key West, but once you get a little closer, 30% or less chance of rain or scattered T'storms usually means that there *might* be some rain, if there is it will usually be quick and done, and it may or may not actually hit the island.

Pjk

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,005 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather

Currently - I'm 50 miles East of KW and it is freakin' beautiful right now! Clear and calm. Oh, and very warm and humid.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,630 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather

1) What are you gonna do? Cancel your trip because a 10 day forecast says rain? I don't know about you, but the weather idiots around here get yesterdays weather wrong about 50% of the time.

2) Worrying about the weather is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.

3) Don't sweat the petty stuff.

4) Worry about the things that you can control.

5) If that is your biggest worry (or if the worst thing that happens to you is that it rains while you are in KW), you're having a pretty good day.

edited to add - will the weather in PA be the same in 10 days? Or do you think that it'll change. Seriously. don't worry about it.

Edited: 27 September 2011, 16:16
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,569 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather

The weather forecast might affect what to pack and whether or not to pre-book anything.

Pjk

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,630 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather

The weather forecast might affect what to pack and whether or not to pre-book anything.

Pjk

Seriously? 10 days out? Here is your packing list. Pack shorts, Pack flip flops, pack tennis shoes. Pack t-shirts and a polo or two. Pack a bathing suit or two. If it snows, buy a sweatshirt. If it rains like a mofo, stay in your bathing suit. It's fricking October in the Keys.

You always say to wait until you get there to book activities. Still good advice, expecially during the slow season.

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current weather

I agree on waiting to book things this time of year.

We arrive Saturday, and yes, the weather forecast is a bit unsettled. So we're even holding off on dinner reservations figuring we'll hit any indoor places we like on any potential rainy nights.

And of course, for getting out on the water, I really need to see how windy, rainy it will be. I am not a good sailor :-(

In terms of packing, I totally agree with you Buffetguy...Mr jtwiz and I will pack flip flops, bathing suits, shorts, t-shirts and some baseball caps for those really humid rainy days! OK, and a sundress or two for me. They are actually way more comfortable than shorts...I cannot wait!!!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,005 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current weather

Um, yeah. I would pack the same if it says rain for sure or not. Really PJ?

St. Louis
Level Contributor
923 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current weather

Buffett guy, don't forget the thong..........

conn
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current weather

Best KW forecast, light during the day, dark at night.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Current weather

people who aren't familiar with Keys weather are probably thinking that rain in the forecast means a full day of cloudy weather.

While the Keys needs that kind of rain, it doesn't usually happen that way. Just a short shower, maybe a few drops or a quick shower, then back to normal.