We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise/Sunset

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Middletown, New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise/Sunset

Any good place in particular to see a good sunrise in Key West? We're staying at 0 Duval St, which is great for viewing sunsets, and since we've got roaming alarm cocks outside, I thought if we could possibly get out of bed, it might be nice to see a good sunrise. Also goes with our other audio memories of the mallory square singer's rendition of Sunrise/Sunset every evening we were there last year. Can't wait for our arrival in 2 weeks! Hoping for some great weather....especially with the power boat races.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise/Sunset

Enjoy your early rise with a walk down White Street Pier. It's couple mile walk from where you are, so you may want to bike it..

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise/Sunset

I agree with BD,,,,White Street Pier. Some of my best all time pics are of sunrise here :)

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise/Sunset

I always take in a sunrise at White Street Pier, stopping at Sandy's Cafe for a cafe con leche to take with me.

mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise/Sunset

The sunsets in KW are awesome , but the sunrises are just as amazing. I'm the dreaded morning person and I luv the sunrise. White street pier is great for some photo opts. If you get a chance stroll or bike around in the early morning you will be amazed how beautiful the island is!!!!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,743 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunrise/Sunset

Before you go all the way round the island, try just walking across the street onto the grounds of the Pier House. Walk out onto the pier where the Dockside suites are, and look to the right over the Hyatt...

…shutterfly.com/media/…

Pjk

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunrise/Sunset

I don't recall ever seeing a sunrise in Key West and probably never will. However, the best sunsets I EVER saw (well, close) were on a boat. Capt Alex cooks you up a meal, hopefully a great sunset and BYOB to save a few bucks.

http://www.islescapes.com/

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunrise/Sunset

White Street Pier or Smathers Beach if you want to watch it rise over the water.

Middletown, New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunrise/Sunset

thank you all for steering us in the right direction! now the trick is getting up in time which will determine if it's the long trek or the pjk version of walking across the street. if it works out, i'll include pics in a trip report. a little more than a week away....can't wait!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,743 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunrise/Sunset

Take a shot then have breakfast there at the Pier House. Eggs Benedict and a Bloody Mary.

Pjk

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunrise/Sunset

take the walk..........