We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oysters!

Level Contributor
180 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
Oysters!

It's been about 6 yrs since my last trip to KW. Coming down next week. Where's the best/cheap oysters found these days??

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,180 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oysters!

Half price oysters at the Half Shell Raw bar during happy hour.

Sheffield Lake, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oysters!

Alonzo's also has a half-price oyster sampler platter during Happy Hour...

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,817 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oysters!

I think that oysters on the half shell is the only thing on the app menu that is not half-priced during happy hour at Alonzos. Cooked ones are. My favorite place is at the Conch Republic Seafood Co just dowen the Bight form Alonzo's.

And I've never had them at Two Friends on Front Street, but there is a happy hour special on oysters there and people have commented on how good they were.

And I have to try the new-ish raw bar at Turtle Kraals next trip. This too has a special for oysters and I think it is for longer than just happy hour.

Pjk

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oysters!

I'm with Sharla, I like them at the Half Shell raw bar. And I think I'm going to try an oyster shooter on our next trip!

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oysters!

We're big fans of the Half Shell as well. If you get their oyster shooters, you keep the shot glass. They will either give you a new one or wash the one you used and wrap it for your travels home. Our collection of them now borders on rediculous.

Westwood, NJ
Level Contributor
992 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oysters!

2 Friends are served cold and on ice- only place I've had them in KW on ice

Sheffield Lake, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oysters!

Not sure about "on the half shell", but the oyster sampler platter was on the 1/2 price app menu at Alonzo's when we were there in July. I don't eat raw oysters, so this was a great deal for me! HSRW does seem to be a pretty popular place for HH oysters, though...always crowded when we were there. Also had the grilled oysters at Turtle Kraals, but I liked the ones at Alonzo's better.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,817 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oysters!

This is the shot glass you get to keep for ordering an oyster shooter during happy hour...

southernmostrestaurantgroup.com/products/Hal…

A $5.00 value.

Pjk

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
985 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oysters!

What's a shooter?

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,109 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oysters!

alcohol of choice (often vodka or tequila) an oyster and maybe tomato juice, oyster liquor or whatever your choice is. basically....a shot with an oyster.

Get answers to your questions about Key West