We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Margaritas???

mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Margaritas???

Coming down in July with a fun bunch of maragrita drinking pals. Where can I take them for the best margarita??

Thanks in advance.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Margaritas???

Kelly's Key Lime Margaritas for Happy Hour. Made with Ke Ke Beach Key Lime Cream Liqueur. Refreshing, cool, and totally unique! The flavor of key lime pie with just a hint of graham.

They also have the traditional margaritas at a great price.

SW Indiana
Level Contributor
375 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Margaritas???

Pepe's. My wife raves about their margarita's.

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Margaritas???

My fav is the Tree Bar Margs, and a bonus if Barb is working. Sit right on Duval just up and accross the street from Sloppy Joes. Great people watching.

PJ

southeast PA
Level Contributor
230 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Margaritas???

Good margaritas...authentic, really good margaritas don't have sour mix in them. If you go somewhere that puts sour mix in their margaritas, they're not good.

Pepe's uses fresh squeezed juices in their margaritas and mimosas and it's the only way to drink them.

lime juice, splash of orange juice, maybe some good orange liquer (Patron Citronge, cointreau, grand marnier), good tequila, simple syrup...that's it. no sour mix. :)

dayton, oh
Level Contributor
208 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Margaritas???

Marquesa had a great margarita.

also had an expresso chocolate martini there which was super

might also suggest

the Tarpon,have never tried the key lime drinks

New Jersey
Level Contributor
471 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Margaritas???

I second Kelly's! By far the best margaritas!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,790 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Margaritas???

The tiki bar at the sunset pier at the Ocean Key Resort. Preferably one made by Al, but Zach or Carl will do. You have to pay for the drink but the view is free.

Pjk

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Margaritas???

While I have never had a margarita there, the consistently best cocktails I have found on the island are made at the Orchid Bar. Fresh juice, top shelf booze, fabulous bartenders, good company. I can't imagine a margarita there would be anything less than spectacular.

southeast PA
Level Contributor
230 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Margaritas???

"While I have never had a margarita there, the consistently best cocktails I have found on the island are made at the Orchid Bar. Fresh juice, top shelf booze, fabulous bartenders, good company. I can't imagine a margarita there would be anything less than spectacular."

My Chester County neighbor is correct. :) they make great drinks...all of em. fresh juice.

mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Margaritas???

The Orchid Bar ???? Is that in the Orchid Key Inn?