We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for special dinner on my birthday!

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
418 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendation for special dinner on my birthday!

We will be in Key West in early April for 2 nights. Early on, I figured we would save money and cook dinners in our suite….however ,I have thrown that idea OUT (at least for our dinners!) Our group consists of 5 (two parents and 3 teen girls). I was wondering about a nice restaurant that the teens might like with a great view or ambiance….It will be a birthday dinner for ME and I like cocktails and seafood!

I have done a lot of research on cheap eats in Key West for one dinner and now I need to find a special place that we all might enjoy.

Any thoughts on Blue Heaven?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

This forum is SO helpful.

Thank you.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation for special dinner on my birthday!

I don't think Blue heaven is at it's best for dinner, nor is it inexpensive. I would look into A&B for a lovely fine dining experience on the water or, less expensive but yummy and also on the water, upstairs at Louies for tapas style menu and great view of the stars.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,011 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation for special dinner on my birthday!

I doubt that you will find a place for dinner more unique than Blue Heaven' s garden.

Pjk

michigan
Level Contributor
418 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation for special dinner on my birthday!

I really would like a DELISH dinner! I thought about Louies, but Blue Heaven seemed pretty fun and funky…..we don't have huge dinner needs…just solid food (for the parents!)

Thanks for the suggestions jdjn9 and the thumbs up Pjk!

Barrington, IL
Level Contributor
103 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation for special dinner on my birthday!

I say, make it a "breakfast birthday" and go to Blue Heaven. Having said that, I haven't been to K.W. in 25 years, but am going in a few weeks and am doing my homework. If there are a few extra $$ available, a "lunch birthday" at Lattitudes sounds like a VERY memorable choice. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Key West
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendation for special dinner on my birthday!

A&B ....it's your b-day make it special

michigan
Level Contributor
418 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendation for special dinner on my birthday!

I am leaning toward Blue Heaven…..I think the kids will get a kick out of it (as will the parents)…..we have a very limited amount of time in KW and although A&B sounds VERY good….I think it is a little too nice for the ambivalent teens! We can ride our bikes to Blue Heaven, eat at a Key West institution (is the food bad?) , ride back to Santa Maria Suites and drop off the girls and go to Louies for a cocktail (or SOMEPLACE?!)…..The last 4 years my birthday has been in the Keys……an absolutely delightful way to bring on another year!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendation for special dinner on my birthday!

NO question.

A & B Lobster House. Call ahead and eat on the deck. Perfect!!

michigan
Level Contributor
418 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendation for special dinner on my birthday!

OK…I will take a closer look at this place. A LOT of recommendations!

Is there any place a bit more quirky with good food? Actually, I know nothing about A&B….it just seems a little too fancy for teens…maybe I'm wrong. We'd like GOOD FOOD….highest priority, but it does not have to be super fancy or expensive….just fun and tasty!

Thanks.

Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendation for special dinner on my birthday!

You might really like Michael's. The atmosphere is great, as is the food. It's got a true Key West vibe and with the "light side" menu as an option, it might be perfect for the teens.

I like both A&B and Blue Heaven, but Michael's seems it might fit your family a bit better. It's one of my favorite spots. Take a look.

Also, if you can grab a nightcap on the Afterdeck at Louie's, you'll have the perfect birthday evening.

Have a wonderful celebration!

michigan
Level Contributor
418 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendation for special dinner on my birthday!

Thank you….I will look at Michaels….in some of my "research" I heard "off the beaten path" mentioned about Michaels…we like that!