We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Key West

Highland, Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
What to do in Key West

Visited Key West about 15 years ago and took the trolley tour, stopped at Sloppy Joe's, Margaritaville, and Hemingway's House. We would like to do something different. We'll be there for one day (cruise). Would like to stay away from where all the other cruisers might be going. Any suggestions? Anything change and worthy of seeing?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Key West

Visit Robert the Doll in the Martello up at the airport

Neptune Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Key West

I've been there with a cruise ship, and everyone stays around Duval St area. Try a walking tour, or bike tour? Visit away from the docks - they used to have a great bike tour where you visit the cemetary. Lots of interesting buidlings and flora/fauna to look at also.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
495 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Key West

Do you know what your time frame is? 7 am to 2 pm, 9 am to 5 pm? That will help as well.

Highland, Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Key West

That sounds great. Thanks for the response.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
323 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Key West

one of my fav. things to do is to rent a bike and ride around the whole area, you will see all kinds of interesting fun stuff!

NYC
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Key West

I'll second the biking option -- just dip in and out of the various residential streets, stop somewhere more "out of the way" for lunch (Louie's, Salute, El Siboney . . .) and then finish up near the Bight for some shopping before you have to reboard.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in Key West

Definitely just a day of biking/ mopeding is an amazing time in Key West. I love getting lost and finding new treasures everytime I go. People watching is entertaining everytime I go. You can find a bike rental for $10-$15/ day or a scooter rental for about $40/day. Explore and get lost down the roads of island life! Here's a video of highlights www.youtube.com/watch…

8. Re: What to do in Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 06:17