We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Scooters

Virginia
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Island Scooters

We are thinking about renting a KW Kruiser from Island Scooters when we come for vacation March 12- 15. It is a three wheeled scooter for two and they suggest you reserve and pay for it in advance since they are so popular and don't have very many. The cost is $95 per day. Has anyone had any experience with Island Scooters? I assume we can drive around Key West for the day and park it with no problem to stop off and sight see, shop, and eat. Suggestions?

Key West Catamaran Sailing and Water...
72 reviews
from US$145.00*
Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip...
44 reviews
from US$178.99*
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
57 reviews
from US$63.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
378 reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,124 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Scooters

Where are you staying and is there a physical need for you to rent a scooter? There's not a lot of places you'd need to scoot to as opposed to walking for 3 days in Key West.

Pjk

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,885 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Scooters

I have not seen 3 wheel scooters for 2, so I doubt they are that popular. I would rent bikes.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Scooters

Save your money, no place to park without paying. Don't drink and scoot. If you were there for a week, different story, but for 3 days, I'd pass. Take the conch train or trolley and see the sights. As SDT said, bikes are the way to go if you can.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Scooters

the three wheel scooters for two are new! island scooters is the first to rent them out..

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,762 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Scooters

The 3-wheeld scooter is like a scooter version of the big Harley trikes. Only for those who are physically unable to handle a standard scooter.

some photos are on the website:

http://www.iscooterskeywest.com/

I do not recommend scooters to novices, nor to anyone interested in seeing the sights in Old Town, as scooters require parking spaces, unlike bicycles. These bigger trikes might be easier to ride, but cannot be driven up on the sidewalk to park next to a store.

They also pollute and make a whole bunch of racket, both from the engines and the horns, which the kids seem to enjoy honking as much as possible.

Go for bikes and get one with a basket for your stuff and a chain and lock, as well as front and rear lights for any night riding.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island Scooters

Just wanted to let any future reader's of this post know! a trike, a double or a single scooter, can not be driven or parked on the side walk!. so please be safe and follow the laws. thank you!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Island Scooters

I didn't want to start a new scooter thread so found the newest one. I met a beautiful young women yesterday that had half of her face raw from a 16 year old in Key West hitting her on her scooter rental. She said she hit her and she flew over her car. She was very lucky to be alive. She said it was not her fault. She was doing everything correct just a young driver and she hit her. I ride my bike everywhere but they are getting hit just as bad. Please be careful if you are renting scooters. Key West is a very walkable town. If you are on a bike do follow the rules of the road. The KW police are really cracking down on people. If you are pushing a baby stroller the same goes for you. i have been cut off by baby strollers riding my bike.

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Island Scooters

As a local and "renter" from Island Scooters, I can absolutely tell anyone needing any kind of scooter rental, these guys are top notch, great service, great scooters, especially the Keys Kruiser... they are fun to ride and you can see anywhere on the island... and everywhere has scooter parking regardless of what you may have read... We locals are particular about who we recommend and I don't have any hesitation recommending these guys!! My wife just bought a Kruiser from them.....

9. Re: Island Scooters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 10:17