We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

And so the flight changes begin...

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
And so the flight changes begin...

So, I booked my flights over 2 months in advance for May 1-5. I already have a flight change. Literally arriving 2 minutes later in Miami (7:19am instead of 7:17am) but then leaving about 25 minutes earlier to Chicago and then about 25 minutes longer stay Chicago before moving on. (note, this is AA airlines). So, what are the odds that by the time I go, I will have anything close to the flights I originally booked?

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: And so the flight changes begin...

We fly Delta they always change our flight at least once.

PJ

England
Level Contributor
219 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: And so the flight changes begin...

Were flying delta mine has been going 15 mins back and forth (so variation of 30minutes) ever since we booked them back in mar 2011.

3 weeks Friday we fly and its still being changed

England
Level Contributor
219 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: And so the flight changes begin...

Were flying delta mine has been going 15 mins back and forth (so variation of 30minutes) ever since we booked them back in mar 2011.

3 weeks Friday we fly and its still being changed

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: And so the flight changes begin...

I recently had AA change all my flights to and from detroit for a 7 hour flight difference. I was refunded my money because there were no alternative flights and rebooked on Delta. This is for April so we'll see.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: And so the flight changes begin...

For the past year or so, every flight we've had into Key West (both Delta and AA) have changed multiple times.

conn
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: And so the flight changes begin...

Delta and Jet Blue have made these type of changes on my flights to Florida in the last couple of months.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: And so the flight changes begin...

All of my AA flights for May have changed too. I suspect there'll be more changes before all is said and done.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: And so the flight changes begin...

My April flight has changed also. Not too big of a difference in arrival time and get to sleep a bit later but still annoying to have to keep up with it. And of course since they changed not only my flight time but my actual flight so I'll have to call to see what seat assignments are left.

It's such a joke that they charge different rates for different flight times on the same route then change the flight times after you buy. Can you imagine paying a premium for a great seat at the theater and getting there you are now seated in the back balcony?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,593 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: And so the flight changes begin...

SEE???

Who thought I was being a little paranoid about them changing flights and times on us AFTER we'd bought our tickets?

I say everyone send them a bill for $250 or whatever the airlines try to charge us when WE want to make a change to our travel plans!

It's looking more and more like I'm going to skip the flight into EYW and just stick with the daily morning flights to FLL or MIA.

Hamilton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
425 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: And so the flight changes begin...

Changes are pretty common these days for all airlines but, since AA went into bankrupcy back in Dec.?, it was predicted that they would be changing a lot of their schedules and lessening the amount of flights to certain destination such as Miami. Watch it closely so that you will be able to jump on other flights if you have changes that will not work. Do a little home work and check other AA flights that will work for you so that you can act fast and call them as things happen. It would be better for you to suggest another flight to them instead of them suggesting something else to you.