We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for the Route 1 South Trip

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for the Route 1 South Trip

We are flying into Miami and driving down to Key West. Does anyone have suggestions for some things we must see, do or eat on the way down??

Thanks for your suggestions!

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for the Route 1 South Trip

If you like partying I suggest you stay in Miami for 1 night and party!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for the Route 1 South Trip

Stop for lunch at the No Name Pub. A one-of-a-kind Keys experience and they have good pizza.

St Augustine, FL
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for the Route 1 South Trip

Do you have kids? If so you just gotta stop at Robbie's. It's about the 77 mile marker. Going toward Key West, at the end of the bridge at MM 77 take a HARD right, almost a right 'uturn' and go back toward the water. Turn left into the parking lot behind the Hungry Tarpon rest.. Pay for a bucket of fish and go out on the dock to feed the Tarpon. You won't believe the size of the fish!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for the Route 1 South Trip

Watch for the sign at the beginning "Turn Left on Card Sound Road. It's so much like all of US 1 used to be. Stop at Alabama Jack's, quench your thirst and welcome yourself to the Keys! There will be a $1 toll towards the end, but it was the best dollar I spent last week.

Tempe, Arizona
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for the Route 1 South Trip

mr pibb....wife and i will have 2 nights in miami prior to 5 in key west...where in miami would you suggest for dance club?