We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running suggestions

belleair, florida
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Topic
Running suggestions

We are staying at the Grande Dame at 525 Simonton St. Several in the party are runners. Any suggestions for good running areas for them so they can avoid the congestion on Duval?

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running suggestions

wife runs every day. in the morning the best run is along HIggs/Smather beach. Running along the Atlantic at sunrise is AMAZING....but the wind can be a little much. the run along the beach is mostly cement (paved wide path), but you can cross over the street and run part of it on dirt. From Salute it is 3.75 miles to the entrance of Key West. Turn around and run back to White St Pier. walk out the pier for your cool down...morning is awesome here !

or for shorter runs go to the area around Ft Taylor, no traffic there

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,513 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running suggestions

If you scroll down to reply 57 or 58 here,

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k479222…

...there is a 5 and 8 or 8.5 mile loop for a run in the morning.

Pjk

Little Rock
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Running suggestions

funny, I was about to point you to pjk's advice but he beat me to it. He gave us some great route ideas. Mapmyrun.com has some great routes saved too.

4. Re: Running suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:17