We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelers.... Where do you stay ?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
617 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Travelers.... Where do you stay ?

I have stayed at.....

(twice) La Concha

(twice) Rose Lanes Villa

Galleon~great tiki bar and sunset~nice little beach

Marrero's~~Courtney's Place

Lazy Lane Cottages~~Island Oasis B&B

and Rented from Key West vacation rentals 3 times.....this July I will be staying at Best Western Hibiscus and Papa's Hideaway.

So my question is do you stay in differant places like I do or pick a favorite and stay there most/ every time. All the places I've stayed have been great and would stay again. Am I the only one who does this....also its part of the fun of planning my next trip back.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,166 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelers.... Where do you stay ?

There are three hotels in various place where I can simply email them and reserve a room, a particular room so that I am not disappointed, and they will hold it for me, even without a deposit.

The Pier House in Key West

The Millesime Hotel in Paris

The Hotel Gerloczy in Budapest

It's nice to be able to do this and to know that when you return you will be coming back to friends.

Pjk

Northern NH
Level Contributor
320 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelers.... Where do you stay ?

We always rent a house and usually really like what we rent - but still go to a different one each time - part of the fun is the planning for me.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,028 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelers.... Where do you stay ?

The only place I have stayed at more than once is the Hyatt Resort (3x) and The Pier House (2x almost 20 years apart however). Also stayed at Ocean Key, Hilton (now Westin), SM, SMOB, Doubletree and will most likely be at the Best Western Hibiscus for my next trip in October.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelers.... Where do you stay ?

Have stayed in Cypress House a few times. Used to rent with the same rental company but now use www.historichideaways.com (the other rental company changed their conditions of booking and I found them way to restrictive). I like to go back to the same place but will go to other places if I receive good recommendations.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
923 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelers.... Where do you stay ?

Key West Harbor Inn for me.........

Maywood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
782 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelers.... Where do you stay ?

have never been there but am having tons of fun planning my first trip. I am the only one out of my siblings and cousins that has not been there, so I am really excited. We are going in the end of June and staing at Papa's Hideaway. It looks beautiful. I am usually the type to stay in various places, although from readiing all the stuff and seenhg the pictures, I suspect Papa's Hideaway will be on my "to return to " list

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,258 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelers.... Where do you stay ?

We've stayed at several different places, but our absolute favorite is Key West Bed & Breakfast (Popular House) and will be staying there in May. Love it, love the people - they're my Key West family. When the "kids" go with us, we've rented a Shipyard condo in Truman Annex, but have recently bought a timeshare week at Hyatt Sunset Harbor and will be stayin there for the first time in July. We also enjoyed a stay at Duval Gardens and repeat visits to Angelina Guesthouse.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,166 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelers.... Where do you stay ?

It's interesting that (newer) people continually come up with interesting Q's for some of us to think about. Answers are helpful to others and it makes "oldbies" (is that a new coinage?) think about the things that they do. Keep up the good work.

Pjk

Boston
Level Contributor
348 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelers.... Where do you stay ?

I have stayed at La Mer ( 1st trip - 87 ) Eden House at least 15 times , Merlinn Guest House 5 x , Pier House , Hyatt Marina

i guess i have a favorite : )

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelers.... Where do you stay ?

last year and this one I was doing the searching thing, which involves trying to find a cool place at a good rate.

But, like last year, I just booked a room at the same place I stayed the previous 3 years. My reason is because I'd rather go with what I know than take a gamble on something different, just because it's cheaper.

There are lots of choices in Key West, so it's always tempting to try to find a room in another part of town (Truman Annex) or a different type of place (cottages, hotels, B&B), much less trying to find a great rate. $50 less per night adds up on a week-long visit.

But I've found a place that works for me. It's hard enough to get a room there so I no longer say where! Is that wrong?

In the Upper Keys I've stayed at Island Bay Resort, which makes it difficult to stay anywhere else! Those who've been there will understand.