We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

secret to getting lower prices for hotels

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
secret to getting lower prices for hotels

What are secret sites or tricks of the trade to get some lower prices on accommodations for key west?

as lots of prices are so high

this is just for one person with a car for parking

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: secret to getting lower prices for hotels

prices are high, but they change a LOT depending on the season you go. and you can sometimes get a much better price by calling the Hotel directly rather than using the internet prices. good luck

2. Re: secret to getting lower prices for hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 April 2012, 19:35
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,603 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: secret to getting lower prices for hotels

Specials on their web page

Specials on their Facebook page

AARP discounts

AAA discounts

Specials listed on the Key West Chamber of Commerce's web page.

It's difficult for one night, but for people who are staying for a week or a long weekend, you should try to put together a list of potentials, then start watching. Maybe get onto their emailing list.

Pjk

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: secret to getting lower prices for hotels

Booking super early can work especially for an event. I had rooms booked for our wedding which fell over power boat week a year in advance, before the hotels boosted the rates.

You can get a room at the Best Western Hibiscus for under $100 in off season. I have this rate for weekdays in October.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,008 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: secret to getting lower prices for hotels

visit in Sept/Oct (except the last week), mid November and early December.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: secret to getting lower prices for hotels

go to biddingfortravel.com, see what others are getting through bidding internet sites, then go to those sites and bid low, work your way up to what was the latest winning bid each day. Just bid 4-star or higher, 3-star or lower on these sites can get you some nasty hotels. I think we got the Westin a few years back in summer for like $80-90 night, not including resort fees. Realize that these sites only guarantee you one room and one bed, so if you need two beds in the room, you might want to go another route.

Also, join the rewards club of whichever hotel you choose online, usually gets you some upgrades or cheap freebies like a newspaper, breakfast, glass of champagne, or maybe sooner check-in or later check-out.

Edited: 07 April 2012, 18:53
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: secret to getting lower prices for hotels

Well i found a good price motel in decent area to Duval street

El Patio Motel,

not bad, old, but a place to stay and i do not mind walking 10 minutes,

price is right

ur thoughts

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: secret to getting lower prices for hotels

My step daughter and get girlfriend stayed there a few years ago. Basic accommodations but they had no problem with it. A little further from lower duval than 10 minutes.

I would price the Best Western Hibiscus which is nicer and a more convenient location before booking.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: secret to getting lower prices for hotels

BW Hibiscus i would stay at, looks way better, but big price difference, like big time. i don't justify paying 200 a night for a average motel

10. Re: secret to getting lower prices for hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:17