We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late lunch near the Angelina Guesthouse

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
227 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Late lunch near the Angelina Guesthouse

I will be arriving around lunchtime on a weekday in Key West and by the time I check in and get settled, I'm thinking I will be hungry for lunch and it will be around 1pm.

Current thought is Blue Heaven as it appears only a couple of blocks from the Angelina; however, I have heard it could have a long wait. So, any suggestions for something else close by with good (or better) food and prices? I don't want to walk more than a few blocks if possible as I'm going to return right back to my room to relax at the pool for a while after lunch (and I will have been up since 4am). Also, am I looking at it correctly on the map or is BH further away than it looks?

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late lunch near the Angelina Guesthouse

Santiago's Bodega is always a good choice. Walk 1 block towards Blue Heaven and turn right onto Petronia. Santiago's is about 2 blocks up on the right hand side. Their food is EXCELLENT and served tapas style, so you can order according to your hunger level. There is also Mango's on the corner of Angela and Duval, but you will get a full lunch, and food is not nearly as good as Santiago's. Just a few thoughts.....

Bemidji, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late lunch near the Angelina Guesthouse

Blue Heaven is one block from Angelina. Turn right onto Petronia and half a block farther is Colombian Grace. Another block and a half is Santiago's.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late lunch near the Angelina Guesthouse

Weekdays, lunchtime, blue heaven will not be as crazy as vreakfast/brunch is their most popular meal. Santiagos is a great choice. Columbia grace is not open for lunch weekdays, usually.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late lunch near the Angelina Guesthouse

Salsa Loca is one block from the Angelina...just head towards Duval and before you get there it is on the left. Decent food at decent (for KW) prices. We ahev also had them delive to the Angelina when we dodn't want to leave the pool :)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late lunch near the Angelina Guesthouse

La Creperie serves lunch, yes?

It's right across from Blue Heaven, so when they tell you there's a 45 minute wait you'll know where to go.

Or take the walk down to Whitehead and try Six-Toed Cat. Small place and menu but great food. Do not feed the chickens!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
227 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late lunch near the Angelina Guesthouse

Wow! Looks like I have a pretty nice locale for food choices. La Creperie was also looking good to me as was Bodega, but I didn't realize all of these were so close to the Angelina. Didn't know about Salsa Loca and Six-Toed Cat either. May hit up one or all of them while I'm down there. Orion-don't worry, I don't plan on feeding chickens! Don't trust them with their beady little eyes and beaks. Now the kitties are another story!

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late lunch near the Angelina Guesthouse

I need to stop by 6 Toed cat...looks like a fun place. another "different" place pretty close is a small place called PEANUT BUTTER AND ????? it is on Duval, just turn right and go one block. lots of interesting combinations adn we tried about 10 different sandwiches there last time and liked them all. VERY inexpensive by KW standards, owners are pretty cool.

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late lunch near the Angelina Guesthouse

Try DJ's Clam Shack on the corner of Duval and Angela St. Very good New England seafood and cold beer.

9. Re: Late lunch near the Angelina Guesthouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 12:41