We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peanut Butter & WHAT? closed April 9

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Peanut Butter & WHAT? closed April 9

Sad but bot surprised. High rent, lots of competition and a concept not everyone embraced. They are going to a college town in Mass, according to Facebook. Such a shame.

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Peanut Butter & WHAT? closed April 9

I was looking forward to trying that place too.

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peanut Butter & WHAT? closed April 9

Will follow this would like to know where in Mass they will end up, there are a lot of "College Town's" in Mass.

PJ

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Peanut Butter & WHAT? closed April 9

Sadness.

But if they're in a college town, they will do fabulously. If they watch the prices, which with a lower rent/COL I'm sure they can.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peanut Butter & WHAT? closed April 9

wow, we really liked the place. Ate there several times last month. couple who ran it were real nice, but they did talk about how they thought the concept would work better in a college town. hope they do good, seemed like good people !

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peanut Butter & WHAT? closed April 9

Socrog, your postings after your trip had made me anxious to try it and place it on my must-do list for next my trip this May. Sad to here it is gone.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peanut Butter & WHAT? closed April 9

the thing about Peanut Butter n'What was that it was a great concept but it was executed badly - particularly in a town like KW.

1. Prices were low - a huge volume of sales must have been needed to cover overheads. Would the rent be $10,000 a month on that unit?

2. The fit out of the store was poor - it would not entice you back. Although I enjoyed my PB & Hummus wrap I did not eat it in the restaurant as I did not like the shabby surroundings.

3. Twice in March, I attempted to get a grilled cheese & PB sandwich for breakfast. It was closed both times - I am unsure what time it opened in the morning at?

7. Re: Peanut Butter & WHAT? closed April 9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 09:41