We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset sailing, snorkeling, and jet skiing tips?

Fort Lee, New Jersey
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunset sailing, snorkeling, and jet skiing tips?

Hi everyone!

We're first timers to Key West and will be going 4/18 thru 4/21. Not a lot of time but we're hoping to get in a sunset cruise, snorkeling, and maybe some jet skiing. Any recommendations and or tips would be greatly appreciated!

And thanks to all of you for providing some great wine and dine options! We've compiled a list so big we may have to eat/drink every few hours... not that that's a bad thing...

thanks again!

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset sailing, snorkeling, and jet skiing tips?

Since you have so little time I would do a half day snorkel trip.

For jet skis I would do a jet ski tour around the island, it takes about 2 hours and you get a very differant look of Key West.

Glasgow UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset sailing, snorkeling, and jet skiing tips?

We just got back from twelve days in Key West and had a wonderful stay. We did a champagne sunset cruise on Echo which was a great trip with only eight people on board. My favourite snorkeling trip is with Danger who leave from close to the Westin Resort. Danger also do a Wind and Wine trip which takes in sunset. If you take an afternoon trip with Danger you will catch the sunset at the same time! Enjoy :)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset sailing, snorkeling, and jet skiing tips?

We enjoyed Danger too but the Dolphin Echo snorkeling trip was great as well! I highly recommend it.. Actually both are great..

We have tried many boating/snorkeling excursions.. all are different and all were fabulous.. just get out on the water as much as possible and you will have a blast!

Fort Lee, New Jersey
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset sailing, snorkeling, and jet skiing tips?

Thanks for the ideas guys!

I'll definitely look into Danger - that afternoon trip ending with the sunset does sound great. Bottomtime - thanks for that ski tour - didn't think they had one for that length of time. sounds wonderful. Can't wait!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,569 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset sailing, snorkeling, and jet skiing tips?

For such a short time in Key West you might want to take advantage of one of the three trips that do it all - snorkeling, kayaking, jet skies, and whatever else they offer.

Fury's Ultimate adventure, Sebago's Power Adventure, and Sunset Watersports whatever-it's called adventure.

Pjk

North Carolina
Level Contributor
25 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset sailing, snorkeling, and jet skiing tips?

We just got back yesterday from Key West and did a 1/2 snorkeling and kayaking trip with Danger Charters. It was FANTASTIC! I would highly recommend it. It was definitely the highlight of the trip for all 12 of us who went. Enjoy!

7. Re: Sunset sailing, snorkeling, and jet skiing tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:17