We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage space in a Ford Mustang convertible

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Luggage space in a Ford Mustang convertible

We are coming over from Scotland next month (5 weeks tomorrow and counting) and have hired a Ford Mustang Convertible for get from Miami to Key West.

We were worried about the luggage storage space in the boot, but my boyfriend found this You Tube link which seemed to show that there would be plenty for what we need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTM2BQdOt5M

However I have read a couple of things online which seem to say that there is hardly any space. Can anyone tell me if the link is right or if we are likely to have problems?

Thanks

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
400 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$75.00
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
153 Reviews
from US$63.00*
Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
142 Reviews
from US$145.00*
Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,680 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Luggage space in a Ford Mustang convertible

You also have the back seat for stuff.

It's really hard to say what you should do. How many bags do you have. How big are they?

You saw the video, you know how much stuff you have. We don't have that info.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Luggage space in a Ford Mustang convertible

Thanks for that, If what they are saying in the video is right then we will be fine but we had read a couple of sites which seemed to imply that there was no space in the boot at all.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,738 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: Luggage space in a Ford Mustang convertible

Just realize the bags going in the back are carry-on size (that looks like me packing my car for a weekend). Larger bags can go in the back seat - just buckle them in when the top is down in case you hit a pothole. We rented one in Hawaii for a week and fit two full size suitcases and a bunch of other bags in the trunk and back seat.

Edited: 18 April 2012, 22:01
St. Clair Shores...
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
4. Re: Luggage space in a Ford Mustang convertible

We own a Mustang. Your luggage will fit.

Edited: 18 April 2012, 22:28
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
5,003 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: Luggage space in a Ford Mustang convertible

see this recent thread:

tripadvisor.com/…39652951

Gray, GA
Level Contributor
124 posts
6. Re: Luggage space in a Ford Mustang convertible

My husband and I rented a Mustang convertible and drove it from MIA to Key West one time and it was great! We had to use the back seat for some of the luggage and the cooler we picked up on the way, but it was great. And I pack alot of stuff! It was the first week of Sept, so it was hot, but we had the top down, the a/c on, the music playing, and while we were moving, the breeze was blowing, and it felt wonderful! Got alot of sun on the way down to Key West too! Now, on the way back to MIA we ended putting the top up and had the a/c blowing at full blast! It was just too hot that day, or maybe a full week of Key West had caught up with me, and I just couldn't take the heat that day! lol!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,738 posts
68 reviews
7. Re: Luggage space in a Ford Mustang convertible

BTW - Make sure you wear sunscreen and a hat (one that won't blow off) or you will be sunburned like you wouldn't believe.

Maywood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
76 reviews
8. Re: Luggage space in a Ford Mustang convertible

We rented one for our trip in june and are so excited. We got worried about space for liggage and four adults so now we have two mustang convertibles!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
19,331 posts
61 reviews
9. Re: Luggage space in a Ford Mustang convertible

It will be great but as BrlDsguise said, make sure you wear plenty of sunscreen and hats!!!

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Luggage space in a Ford Mustang convertible

Thanks for all the replies :-)