We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If anyone is driving down and renting a car from FLL soon...

NJ
Level Contributor
171 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
If anyone is driving down and renting a car from FLL soon...

I just lowered my car rental price by $62 through Budget! I got a full size car for a week for $160... Best I have seen in a long time, I used these coupon codes as well: "BCD" is X433000 and "Coupon" is MUGZ120

Key West Catamaran Sailing and Water...
72 reviews
from US$145.00*
Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip...
44 reviews
from US$178.99*
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
59 reviews
from US$63.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
378 reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
babylon
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: If anyone is driving down and renting a car from FLL soon...

NJ
Level Contributor
195 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If anyone is driving down and renting a car from FLL soon...

thank you.. I went through BJ's and have a rental lined up for 128 (includes all taxes) for 5/12 - 5/19. I'm using Alamo, as I find their e-toll fees better than some other companies. They charge 2.00 a day for each day you use the sunpass, max charge of 6.00,plus all tolls accumulated. From what I read Budget charges 2.95 each day you have the rental,plus tolls. While that's not a lot of money, it is a couple of extra drinks.

From Budget's site:

How much does e-Toll cost?

When Budget e-Toll is accessed even once per rental period, customers will be charged the posted cash toll rate, plus a convenience fee of US $2.95 per rental day ($14.75 maximum per month)

NC
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: If anyone is driving down and renting a car from FLL soon...

Thanks for the info maryanne. Going to try that for a one way trip to PBI.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: If anyone is driving down and renting a car from FLL soon...

FYI, y'all....ALWAYS check the rental car section of mousesavers dot com. They list absolutely every nationally known rental agency and a giant boatload of discounts. I've used it for years. Sure, it takes some time to try out different discounts, but it has saved me a ton of money.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If anyone is driving down and renting a car from FLL soon...

I always use Carrentals.com for my rentals. They list every agency with the best prices. You can make a reservation , no deposit required, and cancel any time. I check the rates daily because quite often the rates do drop. When its cheaper I cancel the old and make a new one. I am renting a car for 5 days from Miami Airport and returning it to same place. $99. dollars including all taxes, etc.. fro Ace car rental.. Originally started with Thrifty for $129... followed prices..now down to $99. You can also buy a Sunpass for $10 dollars from any CVS or Publix in Florida (There are a few close to airport) for the tolls. It will cost $1.50 each way. Sunpass will refund you the money you dont use (to your charge card). Although not all rental agencies do not charge a lot of money.. it is crazy to charge you a daily fee if your not going to use the turnpike. Its only a thought...

McMinnville, TN
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If anyone is driving down and renting a car from FLL soon...

A few of the replies on this post suggest checking often for lower rates... I checked the rates just now and the lowest rate is $40 more for the length of the rental. I am wondering if I just happened to book on a "low" day...

To any "regular renters" out there: Is $450/week for a convertible a sweet deal, or should I continue to price (and how often)? Also wondering what experiences any of you have had with enterprise...

McMinnville, TN
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If anyone is driving down and renting a car from FLL soon...

Forgot to mention: I booked with enterprise, and their rates are now approx $150 higher for the same dates...

Aston, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
924 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If anyone is driving down and renting a car from FLL soon...

We're renting 5/19-5/26 late evening which equals 8 days. Enterprise. I have booked, cancelled and rebooked 3 times since March. Started out $255 and now I have it down to $165 (4/30/12) for a mid size. It lowerd a few days earlier that a full size was cheaper than a mid but with gas prices and backing out of the carport of the house on a car lined one lane street we decided to stay with the mid. We have used Enterprise the last three years and are happy with them, plus $2 a day plus tolls for just the days you use their transponder works for me.

ontario
Level Contributor
222 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If anyone is driving down and renting a car from FLL soon...

Thanks for the info. Just updated our one way rental from Key West to Miami in November and saved enough for a couple of beverages while in Key West. Renting a convertible so only accepted one of the discount but better than nothing.

Cleveland Ohio
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: If anyone is driving down and renting a car from FLL soon...

Does any one know anything about Royal Rent a Car?? They were way, like 200 dollars cheaper than anyone else!

Get answers to your questions about Key West