We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photography Must take pictures

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Highland, IN
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Photography Must take pictures

Husband and I will be arriving in Key West on 6-8 and staying till 6-15. Celebrating birthday and anniversary. I am photo crazed, and the last time I was in Key West, cameras held film. Imagine my excitement now wit digital. I know things have changed much since 1985, so what are the things (you photo loving folks) that I must photograph that I will regret not getting when I get home? We are planning a day trip to Dry Tortugas National Park, excited about that.

Thanks - counting down the Days

Sandy

new york
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photography Must take pictures

Have a great trip! Please post when you return would love feed back on Dry Tortugas...

babylon
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Photography Must take pictures

just keep your camera handy whenever you're out and about; photo ops appear around every corner....in fact, check this link for some recent random pics:

fecklessmeanderings.travellerspoint.com/

NC
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Photography Must take pictures

My wife loves taking pictures in KW. THE SUNSETS!! Chickens, chickens, chickens, cool people like Elvis on his moped, Mr. Chapman on his disco bike, pictures of the awesome meals and drinks, and of the older houses. Pictures of sailboats, and some really good ones if you are on the sailboat, too. Plenty of other stuff, these are just the first things that comes to mind.

Maywood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
782 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photography Must take pictures

Sandy- please do post when you return. I look forward to the hpotos and the reports :-)

I think i am going to buy my hubby a camera for Father's Day so that I am actually in some of the pictures. (bought our current one for myself for fathers day a few years back( Can't wait to get there is 24 days and take some pictures. I am always in awe of all the shots people post

Rabid- my countdown is getting shorter ;-)

Edited: 05 June 2012, 21:02
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,439 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photography Must take pictures

Do you have a zip-lock bag?

…shutterfly.com/media/…

…shutterfly.com/media/…

…shutterfly.com/media/…

If not

…shutterfly.com/media/…

…shutterfly.com/media/…

…shutterfly.com/media/…

Pjk

Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
24 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photography Must take pictures

Fort Zach is one of my favorite spots to take photos ... from the fort to the beach, from early til sunset. West Martello is another good spot. The Top of La Concha. The tower at the Wrecker's Museum. The lighthouse. Wander the streets ... get out on the water ... there's always something to capture! Have fun!! =)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,551 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photography Must take pictures

DiCapac makes cases that will fit all the point & shoot digital camera (and phones). I used mine to get this photo:

…photobucket.com/albums/…896.jpg

And of course, you'll need a sunset photo. Just be sure, if you're taking a photo of someone in front of the sun, be sure to set the flash to Force Flash. Unless you like silhouettes.

…photobucket.com/albums/…1022.jpg

But some of the best photos are the ones of those humorous things you'll see while walking around... or maybe when having lunch at Southernmost Beach Cafe!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photography Must take pictures

Here are some things I like to take pictures of --

Boats

Sunsets

Random art in people's yards, porches, fences, wherever

Chickens, cats, dogs, lizards of all types, horses (usually those have a police officer on them)

Front doors

Flowers, trees, vines and vegetation in general

Vehicles (you'll know them when you see them)

Funky people, Funky things

Signs

Places I love (inside and out)

Look up -- so much to see when you look up

It is ENDLESS.............

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Photography Must take pictures

Here are some pictures from our trip last year:

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome…

I love the colors of Key West. Lots of photo ops.

Northwest Indiana
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Photography Must take pictures

Yup this is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks