We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a map that shows bar/restaurant locations

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a map that shows bar/restaurant locations

I found a map online that showed the location of bars and restaurants in Old Town for our last trip, but now I can't find it. It's not the one here on TA. It was a great map to see where everything was and I'd love to find it again. Does anyone have a link to something like this?

Thanks!

babylon
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a map that shows bar/restaurant locations

this is a great resource:

http://keyweststeps.com/

Frozen North
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a map that shows bar/restaurant locations

I second www.keyweststeps.com, not only does it give you a map, but you can pick out spots and plot your stops and it will give you the best directions, there is also great reviews and look for the coupons. You can also use it on your mobile phone if you get lost!!

Edited: 26 June 2012, 16:30
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a map that shows bar/restaurant locations

Try the Key West Steps map function here: http://keyweststeps.com/map

When you click on the name of the restaurant it will make a map to show you were it is (or how to get there if you have a starting location).

If you use this function on your smart phone while you're in town, the GPS function will identify your current location with a blinking blue light and the map will draw you a line showing you how to get to the place you'd like to go.

Alternatively, if you click on any "Step Stop" you'll get a short review, a link to the web site of the place and a map showing you where the place is.

It's pretty cool, if I do say so myself!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a map that shows bar/restaurant locations

Wow -- same wavelength or what?!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a map that shows bar/restaurant locations

Funny, I'm on that site right now! Very cool to map out your route. I didn't see this for our last trip, but I'm glad I found it for this one!

Awesome site, KWS!!

Edited: 26 June 2012, 16:34
Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a map that shows bar/restaurant locations

Wow! Thank you for sharing this incredible site! I already have it saved to my phone's home screen, and can't wait to start "Steppin" :)

Venice, Florida
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a map that shows bar/restaurant locations

I believe you are looking for the map located on seefloridaonline.com/duval/ some of the bars have changed names but the core are the same hope this helps.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a map that shows bar/restaurant locations

So glad you like the Key West Steps site! I have loved creating it and am glad people find it helpful.

Check out the "Step Inside" section for info on what the locals do -- interesting and surprising stuff in there.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a map that shows bar/restaurant locations

Tikibarguy, that's not the one I found last time, but that's very helpful! It's bookmarked as well - thanks!

KWS, I haven't finished playing with the map just yet! :) Maybe today I'll get to other parts of the site. I love seeing how far away everything is from our rental house. I plan on walking every morning and this is a fantastic tool since it gives distances. I wear a pedometer and try to hit 10,000 steps every day, so this site is perfect for me. Love it!

Northern New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a map that shows bar/restaurant locations

i know which one you mean...I was looking for it, too, and it seems to have disappeared from the interwebs. Maybe it was outdated, so probably just as well.