We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice sought for trip to Key West December

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
876 posts
1,073 reviews
Save Topic
Advice sought for trip to Key West December

If you can believe this, we haven't been to Key West since December 1999. We loved it. Low key relaxed. Someone said it was like Greenwich Village with Palm Trees. So I'd say we're overdue for another visit!

We hope to go in December 2012, this year.

Thirteen years later, we won't have a 10 yr old with us.

So it will just be the two of us, a long-married couple.

Last time, we stayed in the Hibiscus --great pool - not too close but walkable to the action. The drugstore next door had great mahi mahi sandwiches and cafe con leche. I will bet you'll tell me that's gone.) I thought Blue Heaven was a riot with chickens walking around. And we ate good fish without getting dressed up.

Guess what I'd like to do the same sort of thing. Can anyone advise on bike rentals; informal places to eat (seafood , spicy food, not chains we can get anywhere); drinks less important than coffee; places to go once one has done the Hemingway House and the Witner Truman White House. Any bookstores? Thank you for tips.

TexasJEEPGIRL
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Advice sought for trip to Key West December

I am reading all the suggestions also..

My husband and I have never been to Florida.. I've always wanted to go...

We took two trips to Playa del Carmen this summer... but have been discussing the idea of driving my husband's hard top convertible BMW to Florida (from Dallas, TEXAS)... and driving through the Keys...

We have 11 days ... Christmas week.. any more suggestions for a great place to stay.. and happy hour locations would be appreciated....

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,788 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Advice sought for trip to Key West December

This is the one I meant to hit just last week but missed, but it sounds great...

HAPPY HOUR!

6 to 7pm Tues. thru Sat.

2 for 1 Sangria & Empanadas

Buy 3 Entrées, Get 4th One Free

Columbian Grace on Petrtonia Street. While I missed happy hour I did have a great dinner and a great breakfast their - shrimps eggs Benedict.

Pjk

NYC
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Advice sought for trip to Key West December

Sounds like we enjoy a number of the same things. Here's a sort of "intro to KW" trip report (& photos) I did a while back that some forum folks have found to be useful. Our first visit was in 1999, too, but we've been back about a dozen times since (and will be back this December, too!). You're going to fall in love all over again! :)

http://traceyg.travellerspoint.com/22/

Edited: 03 August 2012, 21:37
14. Re: Advice sought for trip to Key West December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 August 2012, 16:05
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,164 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Advice sought for trip to Key West December

Is that your website, Cathy?

Cape Coral
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Advice sought for trip to Key West December

Yes. Is there any information I can direct you to that may help?

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Advice sought for trip to Key West December

While you're at it, check out www.keyweststeps.com where you'll find my personal reviews of over 200 places, a very cool mapping function, interviews with locals with off the beaten path Ida's and all sorts of other stuff. It's a non commercial site, just my little hobby.

Edited: 13 August 2012, 15:16
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
652 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Advice sought for trip to Key West December

We also took in a terrifically fun show upstairs at Kelly's. I think it was called a Hillbilly Holiday Hoedown or somethng like that. It was a fundraiser for local charities and it was a riot. I think it's an annual event.

19. Re: Advice sought for trip to Key West December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 17:17