We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duval St safety?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lebanon, Kentucky
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Duval St safety?

Hey guys. We will be there in Key West this Sept. We are staying in a hotel near Southern Most Point. Is it safe to walk Duval St at night in this area. We would like to go to sunset celabration and the bars on the other end of Duval St. Would it be safe to walk?

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,802 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duval St safety?

Yes, its safe. I'm female, walked it late night many times to Casa and have never felt uneasyy.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duval St safety?

Safer than most. Late at night, don't be drunk and alone. Pay attention and you won't have a problem.

Maywood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
782 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duval St safety?

We stayed down at that end two weeks ago. I walked alone at 2am from my cousins hotel to mine and had no problem

Michigan
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duval St safety?

Yes it is. The advice about not walking drunk and alone late at night is good for most anywhere :)

Lebanon, Kentucky
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duval St safety?

we always use good judgement.......would never be alone anyway....i just know from TA that this is the quiter end, which we like. Just wanted to feel it would be ok walk back at night. I know the are parts of every town or city that you should walk alone in. Thanks guys. Can't wait to have fun and r & r.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duval St safety?

just know that it will be impossible to walk directly from sunset celebration to your hotel,,,was too many places that will draw you in along the way :). and yes, it is safe.

Lebanon, Kentucky
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Duval St safety?

That may be unsafe..... lol spending money as i walk. Oh well, it's vacation. Oh by the way, just love people watching. KEY WEST has to be one of the best places.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Duval St safety?

It's very safe, just don't get so drunk that you are not aware of your surroundings

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Duval St safety?

I agree. It's safe, and a fun walk. Just always be aware of what is going on around you, no matter where you walk.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,263 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Duval St safety?

And whatever you do, if a very drunk guy outside Mr. Z's drops and shatters his beer bottle (idiot), don't say uh oh. Just take my word for it, don't do it. ;)