We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on transportation from Roosevelt to Downtown

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
288 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on transportation from Roosevelt to Downtown

We have had a hard time finding a room for only a couple of nights (Tues & Wed) during FF. We have reservations at the Comfort Inn. When I was in KW this weekend I did not see Bone Island Transport and it seems it went out of business.I was counting on that for transportation.I see there is a bus service for cheap $. Any advice on what to do would be helpful. I understand a cab is $20 1-way. HELP!

Any info on the bus service or Comfort Inn would be appreciated.

FYI...also had reservations as the Holiday Inn on Roosevelt. We checked it out and it isn't at all as they describe on the website. Watersports, beach???? Not quite!

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on transportation from Roosevelt to Downtown

The Holiday Inn used to have those things, before it was torn down for condos. Now it's moving across the street. (Or am I confusing my defunct hotels?)

The bus works wonderfully. Bone Island is still around, I believe, but no longer running to North Roosevelt. Surely it will do so during FF, though.

The Comfort Inn is a Comfort Inn -- basic and clean, although kinda rundown. Although I assume they've had to redo everything since Wilma, so it should be better.

minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on transportation from Roosevelt to Downtown

Stayed there back in the days...was young enough, drunk enough, and dumb enough to "scooter on" down to Duval. Rented them for a week, and never got killed. If I can do it, so can you. I might try a shuttle these days, I think they're supposed to leave at 11pm from Duval towards those hotels.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,159 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on transportation from Roosevelt to Downtown

If it helps you one night, the Doubletree Resort, which is close to you, runs a free shuttle to and from Old Town. One of the pick-up spots is just outside of Kermits. You could probably just hop on one night.

I like the Comfort Inn's web page. For Surrounding Area they have "Key West."

Pjk

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
519 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on transportation from Roosevelt to Downtown

special shuttle buses are run for FF. check the FF official website for more info

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on transportation from Roosevelt to Downtown

Thanks everybody for taking the time to respond. I feel better. I like to have everything planned so there are no surprises. I just may have found a spot closer to downtown. I'll post another topic to get anyone's take on the place. Thanks again.