We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Media, PA
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve

Hi, hope I don't sound crazy...but...we have a place in Bonita Springs. I was wondering if we took the Key West Express over would there be a bed and breakfast or hotel that we would be able to stay at for one night (New Years Eve) or....do you think they will require more then one night for that holiday? We just wanted to spend New Years Eve then have a place to sleep then go back to Bonita Springs the next day, Any suggestions?

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

I'm not saying there's NO chance, but NYE is probably the 2nd most popular event in Key West, and most places have multi-night minimum stays.

How about partying until dawn, getting some breakfast and sleeping on the ferry back? Probably not appealing. It would have been 20 years ago for us.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,005 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve

Start calling!

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
94 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve

Cris and Lou are corrrect. I have been there for last 5 years, probably a three night stay required. It is worth it, but you better listen to bluewater and start calling now.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve

you're looking at 5-7 nights minimum stays in most B&B's. That's on top of the highest rates of the year.

Maybe try one of the travel websites that might have an individual night available... or get on a lot of e-mails availability lists!

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve

Pretty sure even the homeless shelter is already booked for that night.

Better get on the phone right now and see if you get lucky someplace but the minimum stay requirements are going to make it nearly impossible for you.

6. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 11:18