We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic meal/cruise in Key West?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic meal/cruise in Key West?

Hi, I will be in Key west at the end of October with my partner and wondering if there are any suggestions on a romantic meal with possibly a cruise?

Thanks

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,414 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic meal/cruise in Key West?

Alone or with a few or even several other people? (you mean a cruise with a meal all in one, right?)

Pjk

Edited: 16 October 2012, 18:18
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic meal/cruise in Key West?

Just for two people and yes hopefully a cruise for a night with a meal.

Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic meal/cruise in Key West?

Sorry, I misunderstood, I don't mind if its with others as I'd imagine alone would be really expensive

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic meal/cruise in Key West?

Call Capt Alex, he does a great job. His boat holds 6 people max and is very relaxing romantic way to spend the evening.

http://www.islescapes.com/

Edited: 16 October 2012, 19:40
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,414 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic meal/cruise in Key West?

Islescapes would have been my first suggestion, too, but there is also what is called thw Casa Marina sunset sail which is described here...

http://www.keywestsebago.com/casa.php

And the Javacat which will take only up to 6 people and which describes their offerings as "light catering."

keywestecotours.com/winter-stars-summer-suns…

Pjk

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic meal/cruise in Key West?

Nice link. Thanks

Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic meal/cruise in Key West?

That's great thank you very much. Key West looks spectacular but last minute thing and not sure what to expect! Any other suggestions of recommended trips would be welcome.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
475 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic meal/cruise in Key West?

The locals call the Sebago and Fury catamarans "cattle-marans." They hold 40+ people and the sail is for show (and advertising) rather than propulsion.

If you want a romantic evening, then have dinner someplace special (I highly recommend the Roof Top Cafe), and then take a sunset sail on a ship like Appledore V (which is a Sebago craft).

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,414 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic meal/cruise in Key West?

The Sebago cats were built to be sailed but have motors to use when the wind is down and to help getting into and out of port. The Fury cats were built to be propelled by the motor and the sails are there for show. I've manned the helm of a Sebago cat for half an hour at about 7 knots and have gotten some feel for what it will do only under sail

And each will take upwards of 100 passengers but the question is what will they take on an average day.

Pjk

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic meal/cruise in Key West?

I'll take A&B Lobster with a request to sit on the balcony overlooking the marina over the Roof Top Cafe anyday. If you want a romantic dinner overlooking the water with consistantly excellent food, A&B is the best. Reservations suggested (especially if you want the balcony).