We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raw oyster bar?

terpfan4u
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Raw oyster bar?

Any suggestions? Maybe a happy hour special? I looked up Alanzos happy hour but didn't see raw oysters. Any help?

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
545 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raw oyster bar?

Try Schooner Wharf Bar

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,339 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Raw oyster bar?

Half Shell Raw Bar or Turtle Kraals at the Bight. 50 cent apiece, oysters on the half shell.

Pjk

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Raw oyster bar?

Alonzos has raw oysters as do many of our upscale restaurants pisces.blackfin to name two. Not local so why do you want to eat oysters here?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Raw oyster bar?

Alonzo's raw oysters are not on the happy hour list, just the baked ones.

But be aware that most oyster specials, like a dozen for $6, will be Gulf oysters, not fancy schmancy ones from the Pacific Northwest or the Northeast. Those go for a lot more $$$, if they are even available.

I like the happy hour ones at Half Shell Raw Bar, but it's hard to get a seat at the bar.

Alonzo's are a good deal, but I didn't like the place as much last year. did they get rid of all the help from the previous years?

Turtle Kraals dozen oysters special was not good, with lots of shell chips and a poor bar scene. It will take away your search for a "deal".

Level Contributor
288 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Raw oyster bar?

Conch Republic

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Raw oyster bar?

We always get a dozen at the Hogs Breath, no specials but only $12/dozen and we thought they were more flavorful than those at the Half Shell.

Alanzos oysters are $2-$2.50 each, they have Bluepoint, PEI, and one other. The baked Key Lime oysters are our favorite and on the happy hour menu.

mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Raw oyster bar?

When I was down in July , right outside the White Tarpon there was an oyster schucking station and they were serving oysters for I think .50 (yeah i was buzzing pretty good). They were decent. I really like the oysters at Conch Republic..

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Raw oyster bar?

Half Shell Raw Bar. Start with oyster shooters (good to begin with but you can keep the shot glass as well), fire up a dozen raw, some peel and eats, maybe some fritters, another dozen raw, repeat as necessary. Wash down with Sunset Ale.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,339 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Raw oyster bar?

If you do the Half-Shell, try their tuna tataki, too!

Pjk

10. Re: Raw oyster bar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Key West