We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latitudes Seating

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Latitudes Seating

Did you make any special requests for seating when you made your reservation? We would love to watch the sunset with our toes in the sand. Any advice is appreciated.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latitudes Seating

I reserved on open table and asked for a nice table for our anniversary, we had a perfect table next to the beach. Note your reservation time is when the launch departs from Key West. We were on the 5:45 launch last week, which was perfect for the sunset, we appeared to be among the first seated for dinner.

conn
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latitudes Seating

Made no request for seating and got table inside behind a post. Asked to move and were moved to better seat inside. No outside seating available.

Key West
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latitudes Seating

You have to ask for a beach table even then it is not guaranteed. Our experience has been that if you ask chances are you will get it. The last time we were out there everyone from the dinning room came out and stood in front of us right at sunset so even though we were seated on the beach we did not get to see sunset but instead the behinds of the people from the dinning room.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,915 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latitudes Seating

Keep in mind - sunset is HOT. Sitting right in that sun that whole time can be super hot. And not in a good way.

Edited: 21 October 2012, 21:42
key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latitudes Seating

Weve done it in March, right on the beach. Beautiful.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,915 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latitudes Seating

oh, didn't realize March. That would be different. March probably not so bad as right now.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latitudes Seating

Yes, Bluewater. March, a bottle of champagne, right on the beach, and yes a few people taking pictures and blocking our view as the sun dropped into the water but they were gone before the best part of sunset IMO the afterglow. It was lovely and we would do it again.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,915 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latitudes Seating

I'm not saying it wasn't - but WHEN are they looking? I've sat sunset many times and it can get really hot an uncomfortable out there. Our out of town guests usually start complaining they are hot. That's all I meant. Yes, it can be beautiful and it can be brutal. Depends. Since we didn't get that information I was offering that.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Latitudes Seating

I agree. Would never go June thru Sept.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Latitudes Seating

Thank you for the very helpful replies!

We are going in late November, so the heat shouldn't be a problem!

If anything, we need to remember jackets, for after the (all too early) sunset. :)