We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing teenage grandkids to the keys

boston
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing teenage grandkids to the keys

Christmas trip for my grandkids they want to see the sights any ideas any place that won't allow them in?

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing teenage grandkids to the keys

Garden of Eden for sure.

Do you mean bars or B&B's or some other place?

boston
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing teenage grandkids to the keys

I know they love margarittaville I'm new at teenage travel , I want them to have a memorable good time

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing teenage grandkids to the keys

During the daytime hours you should be fine, and most places that serve food in the evenings, including Margarittaville, just use common sense. Of course you should take them to Mallory Square for the sunset celebration. And in my opinion take them out on the water, a sunset trip, snorkeling or sightseeing tour on the water. A lot of things in Key West they might enjoy, depending on their interests.

We always have enjoyed a day at Ft. Zachary Taylor State Park. A little swimming, snorkeling, history lesson, and maybe a picnic too. Good luck, I'm sure that you will all have a great time!

boston
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing teenage grandkids to the keys

I know they love margarittaville I'm new at teenage travel , I want them to have a memorable good time Thank you for your response the ideas were great!!!!

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,637 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bringing teenage grandkids to the keys

You're going to "the keys"? or to Key West.

How old. 13? 19?

Big differences.

Key West is an island at the end of US 1.

The Keys area chain of islands along a 100 mile stretch of US 1.

Where will you be?

13 y/o vs a 19 y/o. They will be attracted to very different places.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
392 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bringing teenage grandkids to the keys

Please don't miss Ft Zachary Taylor - they can snorkle just under water off the beach.... our kids love it! It's not the best snorkelling but a great introduction while just hanging out at the beach! If they are strong swimmers, they can swim out to the rocks and see lots of great sealife in around the rocks too! Enoy!

boston
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bringing teenage grandkids to the keys

My gk are 13 and 17

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bringing teenage grandkids to the keys

As mentioned above, if you do take them to Ft. Zachary Taylor State Park, be sure to visit the Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center, located by the entrance of the park. We visited last spring and it is well worth a our time. Entrance is free, but donations are appreciated.

A Trolley or Train tour around the isand may not be a bad idea, and then they can see what may interest them.

www.historictours.com/keywest/default.htm

boston
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bringing teenage grandkids to the keys

My gk are 13 and 17. Thank you for your post it was appreciated

10. Re: Bringing teenage grandkids to the keys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2012, 18:07