We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recs for a family grouping?

Toronto
Level Contributor
903 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recs for a family grouping?

Short of combing through all the TA listings...we need some recommendations for good reliable food for a group of 6 that includes an 83 year old and an 8 eight year old over New Year's. WE will be staying at Pavilion Villa near Faustos. Plan to go out dinners mainly. Will have a vehicle if needed. Also, is any one place known for New Year's Day brunch?

Level Contributor
288 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recs for a family grouping?

Never been over New Years but Grunts on Caroline St. (Lobster mac n cheese is to die for) or Fogartys on Duvall.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,569 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recs for a family grouping?

I would look at Blue Heaven especially if the weather is nice and you can sit in the garden. http://www.blueheavenkw.com/

And Columbian Grace for tangy S. American food http://www.colombiangrace.com/

And Santiago's Bodega for tapas http://www.santiagosbodega.com/

These are all on Petronia Street, two, three and four blocks, respectively, from Duval. You could walk over there and look at the menus before choosing.

Pjk

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recs for a family grouping?

lots of places for 6 people but during that time period, the town gets very busy. The cafe on southard is very family friendly, right off Duval. Are you staying nearby the Faustos on Fleming? The Cafe is walkable. It's mostly vegetarian but has fish and shellfish and I doubt you'll miss the meat, check reviews. They dont take reservations so you can be spontaneous otherwise, make reservations whereever you can. If you have a car, the kids would probably love Salute on Higgs beach, it's right on the sand so the kids can play very close by and the adults can relax at the table. Also, by car, Hurricane Hole on Stock Island, directly on US1 has a playground near the dining area outside on the water and chicos cantina, also on US1 is a family oriented restaurant. Neither of these take reservations either. I would NOT recommend santiagos with a 6 and 8 year old unless they are extrememly well behaved and rested and have lots of fine dining experience (meaning theyre open to new foods and spices), The tables are very close and the noise level is high. I usually have no trouble with kids in any restaurant if theyre well behaved but I wouldnt have subjected my children to Santiagos before age 10 or so, none of us would have enjoyed it. If you're looking for more upscale with the kids A&B would be more appropriate as they have lots of tables outside on the wrap around patio, lots to look at for the kids, boats etc. and the tables are further apart. Enjoy, your trip.

Toronto
Level Contributor
903 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recs for a family grouping?

Thanks a lot for the great info. I have written everything down Appreciate it as there are far too many listings onTA as to dining in KW.

boston, MA
Level Contributor
218 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recs for a family grouping?

New York Pasta Company off of upper Duval. About a five block walk from your place. Huge portions, kid friendly, when you make reservations be specific as to what you want (inside vs. outside etc). Even their fish is excellent. The food is superb, prices reasonable and you'll take some home for next day snacks or feel good by giving to a homeless chap along the way.

6. Re: Restaurant recs for a family grouping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 03:17