We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West Wedding

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Agr313
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Key West Wedding

This is my first time posting, but I have spent many hours reading responses to others' questions/topics and thought I would give it a go.

After hours of online research, I am struggling to narrow down my list for potential wedding venues in Key West. My fiancé and I would like a fun wedding weekend with about 30-50 guests; importance on open bar/fun dj/dancing, memorable weekend for all.

We fell in love with the Ocean Key Resort (online) but are afraid it may be too expensive. We were hoping to get away with around $10,000 for wedding/reception, but are thinking we may increase it to $15,000 due to the overinflated prices of Key West. Have any of you ever done a wedding there that was within a $15000 budget? Is it feasible?

I have read about the Pier House, and Southernmost being great options too, but didn't see any prices online.

We are also worried about the prices of rooms for our guests.. but as someone told me, there are enough options for all budgets within walking distance that I shouldn't really concern myself?....

Has anybody had their wedding at any of these places? any suggestions?

Also, We have not completely ruled out Islamorada, as it seems there are many more affordable choices, but like the entertainment options offered in key west. We were worried there might not be as many fun things to do for the guests.

Thank you in advance for any input....

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West Wedding

I've said this before so you may have already read this but I wouldn't dream of planning a destination wedding without a planner. We've got the keys is a wealth of local knowledge. There are many affordable options that are not resorts I.e. Restaurants, historic homes etc. Its not possible for you to find out all of the options vendors etc without a local IMO. FYI, I'm not affiliated with any wedding planners party companies etc.

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West Wedding

I found this map with info about wedding locations for ideas.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=key+west+weddings&fb=1&gl=us&hq=weddings&hnear=0x88d1b134ad952377:0x3fcee92f77463b5e,Key+West,+FL&ei=KfTyUJaKEcm20QHV-IGACg&sqi=2&ved=0CNkBELYD

Sorry you will have to cut a paste the url.

Hope this helps.

PJ

Edited: 13 January 2013, 17:57
Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,915 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West Wedding

We were married in Islamorada - had 40 ppl at Kon Tiki and did it all ourselves. No one seemed bored and we all stayed pretty busy with everything from watersports to lounging by the pool to sitting on a bar stool somewhere. Most of our guests had come from out of town. My point is - don't discount Islamorada yet. Go with what feels right for YOU! Your guests will be happy if you are happy and doing whichever is more your style.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,414 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West Wedding

I have a friend at the Ocean Key. Since you have fallen in love with the hotel and since this is a special day, do you want me to at least copy and paste your post into an email and see what he thinks?

Can't hurt, right?

Pjk

Agr313
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West Wedding

@PJK:

That would be amazing! Thank you. I have emailed Katherine a couple times down at Ocean Key, but have not planned a trip yet to visit. We were trying to possibly come up with a few back-up ideas, in case Ocean Key doesn't work out.

Edited: 13 January 2013, 20:35
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,414 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West Wedding

I'll get back to you here I when I get a reply.

Pjk

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Key West Wedding

Southernmost would be my choice, right on the beach with less wind exposure, 3 pools, low and high priced rooms, on the quite end of Duval but still lively. Maybe think about a pedicab ride around town led by the wedding guests on decorated bicycles. Have fun wherever you end up. Bikeman

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Key West Wedding

My daughter just got married in Key West this past October, and we all stayed at the Westin. It was not overly expensive, they had very nice bar facilities, a beautiful pool area, a spectacular Sunday brunch, and beautiful views. Best of all was the location. You are never too far from anything and do not need a car. I would recommend it. If you call and make arrangements, they will give you a special rate on your rooms. If you have any specific questions that I can answer, please feel free to send me a PM.

NH
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Key West Wedding

We have been to a couple of weddings in KW. One was at the Casa Marina, most guests did not stay there but down near Duval. They had a beach ceremony and then a cocktail reception following... very casual and I would imagine very affordable considering it is the Casa.

The other wedding had the ceremony over on the beach at Ft. Zach, then we took the Conch Train to watch the sunset at Mallory Square then walked to dinner at the Rooftop Cafe (like another person mentioned there are some restaurants that work well for receptions too).

Another wedding that we didn't go to was at the Hemingway House.

10. Re: Key West Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 February 2013, 13:35