We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West Wedding

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Agr313
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Key West Wedding

This is my first time posting, but I have spent many hours reading responses to others' questions/topics and thought I would give it a go.

After hours of online research, I am struggling to narrow down my list for potential wedding venues in Key West. My fiancé and I would like a fun wedding weekend with about 30-50 guests; importance on open bar/fun dj/dancing, memorable weekend for all.

We fell in love with the Ocean Key Resort (online) but are afraid it may be too expensive. We were hoping to get away with around $10,000 for wedding/reception, but are thinking we may increase it to $15,000 due to the overinflated prices of Key West. Have any of you ever done a wedding there that was within a $15000 budget? Is it feasible?

I have read about the Pier House, and Southernmost being great options too, but didn't see any prices online.

We are also worried about the prices of rooms for our guests.. but as someone told me, there are enough options for all budgets within walking distance that I shouldn't really concern myself?....

Has anybody had their wedding at any of these places? any suggestions?

Also, We have not completely ruled out Islamorada, as it seems there are many more affordable choices, but like the entertainment options offered in key west. We were worried there might not be as many fun things to do for the guests.

Thank you in advance for any input....

Agr313
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Key West Wedding

Just went on Casa Morada's website; they limit the reception to 10ppl on weekends. We want small, but not that small. I also called and left a message for someone at Cheeca Lodge, and still waiting to hear back from the Islander to see if they have anyone available to show us around this weekend.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,677 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Key West Wedding

Take a look on your own. Of course they can tell you "Where this would be and that" but you can get the 'feel' of the place and if you even want to bother. And then chat with them later if interested.

23. Re: Key West Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 February 2013, 13:35
Agr313
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Key West Wedding

Ok, just got back from the keys a couple days ago--more confused than ever! still having a hard time going between KW and Islamorada. After seeing multiple venues... we just don't know what to do...

The Pier House rooms were nice, and seemed like a decent price, especially for being right at the end of Duval, but the wedding venues were ok at best; the area that stuck out over the water had low ceilings and had rooms just above you and overlooked Ocean Key--which if there was a wedding going on, I would just be wondering why didn't we just get married there--

Ocean Key is still our #1 for KW, but the rooms seemed more expensive and weren't as spacious as Pier House; also, parking is strict--one car/room. Also, with all of the prices of KW, it seems it would add up quickly, and at the end of the day....do we really want to drop all that money for a 5 hour party? My main concern is that by having it in KW, we are forcing our guests to drive/fly far and will have to pay allot for hotel rooms, that they wont even spend time in; and will it be too chaotic of a weekend that we wont even spend time with our guests, if we are in KW??

The Westin (the upper deck)--amazing place for a sunset wedding; but i think it's just too expensive; Ocean key is very expensive, and the westin appears to be even more;

ok, back to Islamorada--our top 2 at this point are PostCard Inn and Coconut Cove

Coconut Cove, the venue itself is very nice, they have it all worked out, all they do are weddings and everything would be taken care of--but the rooms are not very nice, and we wanted to stay where we "play".

PostCard Inn-the newly renovated rooms seem nice, and you can definitely party there, but i am worried about something that I haven't seen anybody comment on--I am hoping some past brides/guests can give me their opinions-- i was told that if you do your wedding on the "celebration island" you have to use the bathrooms in RumRunners--how is that during a reception? do they have multiple stalls? or would i be spending half an hour standing in line in my wedding dress in a bar, waiting for a nasty bathroom? we didnt actually see the bathrooms-it was closed, but i can only imagine....

at first, i thought that having a wedding in islamorada would be too boring for guests, but then i thought that it would actually give us more opportunity to visit with everybody, because they wouldnt all be running off in different directions--as they would in KW....

ok.... any thoughts/opinions.....

Hartsdale, New York
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Key West Wedding

My husband and I got married in KW in April 2011. We looked at the Ocean Key, Pier House, and Southernmost on the Beach and the Westin.

We went with the Westin for a variety of reasons. We were married on the dock with 72 guests. You have a direct view of the sunset, and once the sun sets Mallory Square empties out and the dock is very private. The bathrooms for the reception are a mere 50 feet away. The food was able to be served family style which was a huge hit with the guests. The food was spectacular. Erin, the catering manager is phenomenal.

The Ocean Key was our runner-up. Our main contention with this place was the bathrooms. Since they close off a section of the dock for your reception (beginning at the end of the pier), the walk to the bathrooms through the parking lot is cumbersome to say the least. Also the rest of the portion of the deck not reserved for the wedding would be open to the public (I could not envision walking through the general public in my wedding dress to use the restroom). The Pier House was beautiful but they charged by the piece for the cocktail hour which turned me off; once priced out it turned out to double the cost to ensure there would be enough food.

Our guests stayed all over the island, we rented a condo in the Galleon for ourselves. We had a welcome reception at Irish Kevin's and a post wedding brunch at Croissant de France. Both venues were great for their intended purposes - Irish Kevins was a party and Croissants (my fave restaurant on the island) hosted a beautiful brunch. Croissants actually does weddings and they are very very reasonably priced. They also provided our wedding cake/cupcakes. Our guests still rave about the cupcakes over a year later.

If you have any specific questions you can message me.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Key West Wedding

Just seeing if you had your wedding yet ? I'm in the same boat as you.I'm from Ohio and am doing it all over the phone and internet. Trying to keep it all below $10000. The party cat seems to be the cheapest but I'm worried that some guests could become sea sick. Any suggestion s would be great!

North Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Key West Wedding

Courtney h, I had my wedding reception on the party cat and I do get extremely sea sick when I'm out on the water (even in the keys with little to no waves). The boat moves so slow everyone will be fine! :) pm me if you have questions!

28. Re: Key West Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 11:17