We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor Store and Grocery Store

Minneapolis-MN
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Liquor Store and Grocery Store

Just wondering if there is any good/cheaper grocery stores and liquor stores in Key West. Looking to buy some breakfast items and bars for some breakfast while on vacation, and getting some beer for our room while we are getting ready to go out to dinner and stuff at night. Any help would be appreciated!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
572 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor Store and Grocery Store

You may be able to find what you need at the nearest drug store to where you are staying, the larger grocery stores are up in the new town area. There is Fausto's on Fleming St. near Duval that is a small upscale grocery store. Both CVS and Walgreens have stores on Duval that will likely both beer and breakfast items.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor Store and Grocery Store

There is a Publix supermarket which is the largest supermarket chain in the southeast right on Roosevelt Blvd before you hit Old Town. If you are driving in, you will pass it on your way to old town. Address is 3316 North Roosevelt Boulevard. There is also various liquor stores along that same stretch of Roosevelt Blvd. I usually stop at Conch Republic Liquors which is right on the way to Old Town Key West. Have fun!

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor Store and Grocery Store

Wiin Dixie has a market 2778 N. ROOSEVELT BLVD open 24hrs

plus a liquor store at another location

2760 N. ROOSEVELT BLVD

prices were much lower than another place we stopped at

Liquor open 8am-10pm

Edited: 16 January 2013, 19:32
SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,746 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor Store and Grocery Store

Unfortunately, Conch Republic Liquors is closed. I miss their Belgian beer selection.

i guess It is pretty hard to compete with Publix or Walgreens prices.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquor Store and Grocery Store

Steve,The owners of conch republic liquors told me he couldnt buy the liquor for the price that publix was selling it for :(

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquor Store and Grocery Store

Beer, breakfast bars, basics, etc are available at CVS (two locations) in old town (better selection than Walgreens on Duval).

Faustos, on Fleming or White St is a locally owned grocery store that has everything else you need and more including wine, but not booze. For that, the best prices I know of in old town are at Bare Assets on Truman ( the liquor store side, not the other side)

If you are in new town or have a car, Winn Dixie Liquors and Walgrens have super low prices on booze and the larger grocery stores have everything.

Good luck and have fun!

Edited: 17 January 2013, 01:17
Level Contributor
288 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liquor Store and Grocery Store

On Flemming in-between Duvall and Faustos is a lil hole in the wall liquor store, also there's a small liquor store next to yhe Bull/Whistle bars

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Liquor Store and Grocery Store

There's also a small liquor store on Duval near Angela Street, across from Mango's called Kwest. Since we always stayed on Angela, we just picked our stuff up there and walked back. They have snack items, but not sure about any breakfast type things.

Minneapolis-MN
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Liquor Store and Grocery Store

Awesome thanks everyone for the suggestions...we leave tomorrow can't wait to get to the nice warm weather :)!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
816 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Liquor Store and Grocery Store

Just a note, cheapest beer I found for takeout was in the CVS right on Duval.