We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Concha Top Questions

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
768 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
La Concha Top Questions

Looking to add 1 more sunset location to our trip. Doing Mallory 1 night, of course. Louie's another and thinking maybe LaConcha top. Does this fill up fast? Going Feb. 20-24. Do they charge to get up there? Do they serve dinner?

Thanks everyone!!

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
545 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Concha Top Questions

No charge. When we have been up there it has been 2-4 ppl deep. If you spend a day at Fort Zach beach you can go back to hotel/b&b get cleaned up & have a quiet sunset.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Concha Top Questions

No charge to go to the top. There is a bar, no food served last time we were there. As for crowds it just depends, sometime they have a band playing, other times kinda quiet, like i said it just depends.

We also like Ft. Zach, but be aware the park closes at sunset, so you must leave right after sunset.

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Concha Top Questions

The Top has become more popular we could not see the sunset one time it was packed.

PJ

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
768 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Concha Top Questions

Thanks everyone! Looking into Fort Zach. PJ....I was worried about that.

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Concha Top Questions

sunlover go up a little early for the top sunset.

PJ

North Metro ATL, GA
Level Contributor
795 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Concha Top Questions

As cool as the view of sunset is from there, I also like the view of Old Town, with the evening light playing across the rooftops. And it will be less crowded on that side of the roof :).

Well worth a trip up there, a weeknight might be better if you want more of a run of the place. Like everything else, more crowded on the weekends.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,339 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Concha Top Questions

There's a new secret place on top of ________ for viewing the sunset.

Pjk

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
768 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Concha Top Questions

Pjk...you have peaked my interest!!! I can think of a few that probably should not post here ;-0

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
623 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Concha Top Questions

Go to the Galleon ..great tiki bar on the water...much more personal view from here...you will love it. Could Pjk be talking about a viewing area on top of the Galleon..hmm ...just wish there was a few chairs up there.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,339 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Concha Top Questions

So much for secret places.

Years ago there used to be a secret place for breakfast - the deli at the Galleon. Many people walk to the end of Front and, naturally, make a right to the Bight. Alonzo' s is just there. But making a left takes you to the walkway on the harbor-side of the Galleon. There's another tiki bar there and you can walk along for a stretch for the views.

Pjk

Get answers to your questions about Key West