We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The 2013 Key West Bar Card gets 9 thumbs up from our group!

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
248 reviews
Save Topic
The 2013 Key West Bar Card gets 9 thumbs up from our group!

I just saw an old thread about the Bar Card where someone complained about how restrictive the bars are when you try to use them. Having used the 2013 card already, I thought I'd share our experiences.

We went to 7 bars on the card, and only one or two of them had ANY restrictions this year. Most of them would even let us get 2 different drinks on the 1st card so a couple might only use one card at each bar before we moved on. Here are the bars we visited:

Schooner Wharf Bar - went 3 times, no restrictions at all

Sunset Pier - no restrictions unless you wanted the special drink in a coconut, then he'd get 2 coconuts and I'd get the 2 drinks that went inside - so really no restrictions

Bagatelle - beer, wine or well drinks (and thank you to the poster who recommended this place, it was fabulous for lunch!)

Rooftop Cafe - some of their specialty drinks were 2 for 1, some weren't.

801 Bourboun Bar - no restrictions

JDL Big 10 Pub - went 2 times, no restrictions

Blue Mojito - no restrictions

We bought the cards when they were BOGO Free, and we figure we saved about $70 per card! Even if you buy them full price at $20 each, you're still saving money after just a few drinks. We highly recommend!

Mentioned in this post
Schooner Wharf Bar
Schooner Wharf Bar
2,257 Reviews
Key West, FL
Sunset Pier
Sunset Pier
3,127 Reviews
Key West, FL
Bagatelle
Bagatelle
1,160 Reviews
Key West, FL
southeast PA
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The 2013 Key West Bar Card gets 9 thumbs up from our group!

You're welcome. :)

Glad you liked Bagatelle. we were just there Feb. 4th ish. still very good.

The bar cards are great...they also encourage you to try new places which is usually good.

Mentioned in this post
Bagatelle
Bagatelle
1,160 Reviews
Key West, FL
Virginia
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The 2013 Key West Bar Card gets 9 thumbs up from our group!

Thank you, ryland1972! That lunch was one of the best we had!

You're right, we did try several new places because of the card - and that's a good thing. :)

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The 2013 Key West Bar Card gets 9 thumbs up from our group!

Where do you buy the bar card and how did you score the BOGO?

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The 2013 Key West Bar Card gets 9 thumbs up from our group!

You can find the bar card on the website, Key West Bar Card. I am "friends" with them on Facebook and that is one place where they announce it when they have BOGO or any other specials.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,213 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The 2013 Key West Bar Card gets 9 thumbs up from our group!

Keep watch!!! Here or on Facebook. Last year they had a BOGO on Valentine's Day. Both the Bar and Restaurant Cards.

Pjk

Edited: 12 February 2013, 15:51
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The 2013 Key West Bar Card gets 9 thumbs up from our group!

This is great info! Thank you!! Will def buy about 20 of them for my wedding party

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The 2013 Key West Bar Card gets 9 thumbs up from our group!

Awesome. I just did a pub crawl there while on a cruise and had a blast. Great place to get your drink on. Am going to check out the card as we are looking at a future cruise and will make our own pub crawl with a card like this.

Thanks for sharing!!!

8. Re: The 2013 Key West Bar Card gets 9 thumbs up from our group!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 05:17