We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banyan Tree Inn or Eden House

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Banyan Tree Inn or Eden House

I think I have it narrowed down between the two for April - trying to stick with a budget between $200 and no more thatn $250. We've stayed previously at Orchid Key Inn & Island City House (loved them both, out of budget this time). How do I make the decision - we like lounging around the pool, sitting outside our room on a patio/deck. Any thoughts, suggestions to help with decision process?

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banyan Tree Inn or Eden House

We have never stayed at either place. But I have been on both properties. If the room rates were the same I would pick the Banyan, the grounds and rooms are a little more upscale. Both have a good location.

PJ

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banyan Tree Inn or Eden House

We've owned a week at the Banyan. Beautiful gardens, 2 nice pools and a spa, plus a tiki bar. I would request a room not facing Eaton if possible, there is more traffic noise. Even the room facing Whitehead are set back off the street, so not an issue. On site bike rentals and great location as well.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,583 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banyan Tree Inn or Eden House

I stayed at Eden house in Nov. I liked it, liked the location (easy walk to the Bight), loved B'fast next door at Azul, got upgraded room.

The pool area was nice (w/free happy hour drinks) and there was a covered porch area to sit outside the room, plus a large sundeck.

Rome, New York
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Banyan Tree Inn or Eden House

I would just echo what Mike T said. I love the Banyan.

West Haven, CT
Level Contributor
72 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banyan Tree Inn or Eden House

We stayed at The Eden House and highly recommend. Our room was a larger room and fronted the street. Wonderful to sit out on the porch and people watch. The place has a cute, funky vibe. Very friendly staff. They had bikes that the let guests use. It was within walking distance of Duval, a bit of a walk but doable.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banyan Tree Inn or Eden House

I've never stayed at either, but have visited both. I don't think you could go wrong with either choice.

The grounds at the Banyan are truly a tropical paradise with the 2 pools and tiki bar right there, you'll soak up some super relaxing vibes just outside your door.

Azur is one of my favorite restaurants and is right next door to Eden House, and that alone could be enough to sway me towards that, along with the close-to-the-Bight location that amanx describes.

Given what you've written in your post about looking for some lounge time, I do think the Banyan will give you what you're looking for, but as I said, you can't go wrong with either.

I just re-read and don't know if I did anything at all to help....decisions, decisions!!

Would love to know where you end up and how you like it!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banyan Tree Inn or Eden House

OK, just to check -- do you mean the Banyan or the Almond Tree Inn? I think we've all been talking about the Banyan Resort, on Whitehead and Eaton, as opposed to the Almond Tree Inn, which is on Truman near Duval.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banyan Tree Inn or Eden House

Banyan resort is correct. I misspoke. :). I am leaning towards the Banyan Resort....I like the tiki bar LOL.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Banyan Tree Inn or Eden House

OK, good - just wanted to be sure we were all talking about the same thing!

Better get moving on the reservations too - April is right around the corner (sort of) : )

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Banyan Tree Inn or Eden House

Booked last evening with Banyan. 56 days......