We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West Bar Card?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kansas
Level Contributor
176 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Key West Bar Card?

In reading some posts a bar card was mentioned so I looked it up. It looks interesting. My husband and 22 year son will be he drinkers on our trip in November. Should this be something to get for our trip? We are spending 3 days in Key West. Also, can anyone comment on the average temps of the air and water in late November? Have looked at the weather history report but would like info from others.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West Bar Card?

I figure the bar card will pay for itself if you have more than 2 drinks (or 3 depending on the price of the drinks). It is only one free drink per day per establishment, but if they like to go to a lot of places, it will definitely be worth it.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,796 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West Bar Card?

There's no difference between buying one before you go and buying one in Key West, so for a trip in November, it's worth waiting and seeing if there's a time when you can get BOGO. Last year there was such a deal on Valentines Day.

A good deal and a good cause.

Pjk

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
139 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West Bar Card?

We bought them and they not only more than paid for themselves but helped us discover some new and great places. Like pjk says wait for the BOGO

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West Bar Card?

We've always gotten the bar card when we've visited Key West and we've never regretted it. Like the others have said, you've got time to wait to see if you can get it BOGO. If you're on Facebook you can "like" their page, they post their deals on that as well as their website.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West Bar Card?

You have time, so I'd wait for a BOGO sale. We did, and we made our money back in 2 drinks - anything beyond that was saving money. They're definitely worth it, since a portion of their profits go to charity.

We used ours 9 times in a week and figured that we saved about $80 per card after accounting for the $10 we paid for each of them.

kansas
Level Contributor
176 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West Bar Card?

Thanks for the information. I will wait to see when we get to Key West. As always everyone's replies are so helpful.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Key West Bar Card?

The bar card is worth it! We went to Bagatelle on Duval Street and had martinis. It was a free $10 drink! Key West drinks are not cheap so it will pay for itself in one day!

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Key West Bar Card?

We always buy them and get our money's worth. We're in KW both March and November and love the weather more in November then March. Water temps can be be around 78 to 80 degrees with the air temps around the same.

Buster

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Key West Bar Card?

If you want to wait until you arrive in KW to buy them, I see they are now available at the liquor store on Duval. (700 block).

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Key West Bar Card?

BOGO for the rest of today folks!!!