We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Windward Pointe

Jackson, TN
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hyatt Windward Pointe

Does anyone have any discount codes for this hotel for the month of July. My mom and I do an annual mother/daughter girls trip and this year we decide to go to Key West along with my three aunts and one of there friends. The flight is outrageous in price and we have to stay some where that will hold 6 adults. I have looked at this resort several times and really think it would be great for the six of us considering all the room that it has.

Thanks...

Jackson, TN

Rockford, Illinois...
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Windward Pointe

I doubt that you will find any discount codes. This is a timeshare property, and I doubt they discount. If the rate is too high, you might want to look at other hotels, or even a bed and breakfast, and get 2 rooms. To me the only drawback of this property would be its locaton vs. Old Town Key West, unless you plan on renting a car (a car would be cheaper than renting 6 bikes).

Rockford, Illinois...
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Windward Pointe

Have you checked to see if Hyatt Sunset Harbor (another timeshare property) has any 2 room suites available? To me it is in a great location as it is in Old Town.

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Windward Pointe

Are you staying for an entire week? If so, you might do better to rent from an owner who isn't using their week. Check out http://www.redweek.com/ or http://tug2.net/ for timeshare weeks for rent by owner.

While I agree with Mike that Hyatt Sunset Harbor is in a much better location (which is why we own there), it's usually harder to find a rental and is usually quite a bit more expensive. That being said, July IS during the off season, so it's always possible you may see something pop up at a good price.

Jackson, TN
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Windward Pointe

We are going only for July 20-25 and yes i have looked at vrbo and seveal other sites. I figured i would ask before making a final decision. I of course would rather be close to the action but the other women are older then me and will be fine with laying by the book all day reading there kindles. With that said we do like to get out and see the sites and try some of the local restaurants and etc... Thank you for your suggestions...

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Windward Pointe

If you're willing to sit through a timeshare presentation, they always have vacation offers at very low prices at Windward Pointe on the Hyatt Vacation Club website. Just a thought.

hyattresidenceclub.com/hvc/…wpgn.html

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,132 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Windward Pointe

While most posters and many visitors here prefer Old Town, there have been a couple recent trip reports from people who stayed in New Town and had a great time. While it is great to stay in Old Town, for some people, the better values in New Town more then offset the inconvenience of getting to Old Town. Windward Point has the added attraction of being across the street from a 2 mile walking path along the ocean and has a great pool.

Here is an example of the trip report:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k629224…

Edited: 27 March 2013, 22:17
indianapolis
Destination Expert
for Indianapolis
Level Contributor
463 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt Windward Pointe

Thank you SDT. We are owners at Hyatt Beach House. This was a first time at Windward Point and were very impressed. We drive down and have a car to use. Usually park on Greene Street for the all day $20.00. Do all of the sight seeing and dining during the morning and afternoon. Have dinner head back to the condo for the night to relax. The morning walks along the 2 mile stretch by the ocean were so peaceful and relaxing. Yes, The pool looks out over A1A to the ocean. A great view and well landscaped facility. Discovered the construction on Roosevelt the first night going to Publix and Outback at Searstown. But had no other problems the rest of the week. Before getting the Hyatt looking at Hotels there is really nothing not expensive. You really do get what you pay for in Key West. Have tried many times to get into Sunset Harbor but it is always full.

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt Windward Pointe

It's also nice that Windward Pointe has free parking. You do have to pay to park in the Westin garage for Sunset Harbor.

9. Re: Hyatt Windward Pointe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 05:17