We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for trip with my wife and my Yorkie

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
107 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for trip with my wife and my Yorkie

I am going to Key West in November with my wife and our 4 pound yorkie. I have been to Key West a few times with friends but this will be my wife's first time. We decided to take the dog and are staying at the Almond Tree Inn. I know the lay of the land but am looking to have some fun with the wife and the dog. A little different than my usual trip. Any suggestions for a good time to include the dog would be appreciated. I realize Key West is very laid back and very accepting of all. Jut looking for some ideas to have some fun. Some good sites and bars would be great. I know about Blue Heaven, The Parrott, Irish Kevins, Schooner Wharf, and a few other bars. Any ideas to make this trip truly special would be appreciated. I am already hooked on Key West and am looking to get my wife hooked as well. Thanks.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
468 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for trip with my wife and my Yorkie

bringfido.com/destination/…

This website has a lot of information about having a dog with you in Key West.

Frozen North
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for trip with my wife and my Yorkie

Most places are dog friendly, BUT please be responsible about drinking and having your dog with you.

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
360 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for trip with my wife and my Yorkie

Be sure to visit the Higgs beach dog park and then visit Salute on the Beach which is also dog friendly.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,409 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for trip with my wife and my Yorkie

You could all do something together with Lazy Dog...

http://www.lazydog.com/

Pjk

5. Re: Advice for trip with my wife and my Yorkie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2014, 06:18