We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

key west goldcard question

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Maria...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
key west goldcard question

here is the link http://www.goldcardkeywest.com/

so has anyone got one and is it worth it? we will be there april 30th to may 10th

thanks James

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,405 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: key west goldcard question

It almost looks too good to be true.

It costs about $24.00 with tax and it says it's good for up to six people. Just looking at one thing, Danger Charters, which costs about $100.00 pp, the GC gets you a 20% discount. If two people go using a GC, you have already made back your cost and then some, and everything else you use the card for is a saving.

With the length of your stay, it looks like a "Gotta have."

Pjk

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,405 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: key west goldcard question

And you might also be interested in the Key West Bar Card ---> http://www.keywestbarcard.com/

Pjk

Santa Maria...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: key west goldcard question

thanks pjk that is what i was thinking, By the way last time we were there my girlfriend who is from new jersey was laughing saying it was like over half the people we talked to in key west were from new jersey

Santa Maria...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: key west goldcard question

oh yes the bar card that is a must have:)

Middletown, New...
Level Contributor
122 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: key west goldcard question

Try going to a Giants game down in KW. You feel like you are at home....everyone there is from NJ and NY. LOL

Here is a dumb question, do you need a single card or two cards? If my wife is going does she need her own card or can she just have my free drink without buying a card? Sorry for the dumb question but it would seem only one is necessary but you never know.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,405 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: key west goldcard question

It's kind of like a credit card in that you sign the back, and then only that person can get the deal. So you'll want two. But my advise is to wait. You can buy them in Key West without a penalty, and you might catch a BOGO deal between now and when you go. They post on Facebook and it gets reported here.

Pjk

Texas
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: key west goldcard question

Just bought a BOGO on the website - a facebook deal for the combo bar/restaurant card - $30 total for two! What a deal!

8. Re: key west goldcard question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 06:17