We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West to get married-2nd time marriage

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Key West to get married-2nd time marriage

We have never been to Key West and are thinking about going to get married over there in a month or so. It will just be the 2 of us, but have just started to research on Key West. We are 60 and want something nice, beautiful scenery, and then have fun. When we get back home, we are going to have a party to celebrate with family and friends.

Any information would be great, and I will keep reading the forums.

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
545 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West to get married-2nd time marriage

A couple different places you can go are Smathers beach or at Fort Zach. You could also do a sunset cruise wedding. I will PM you some links for ideas when I'm at my computer.

Congrats. You picked an amazing place to get married.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,159 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West to get married-2nd time marriage

This gives you some idea of several of the Key West wedding venues, everything from Margeritaville to a wedding on the water at sunset ---> keywest.com/weddings/keywest/venues.htm

Pjk

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West to get married-2nd time marriage

Check Blue Ice for a sunset wedding. We did it, they took care of everything, it was just us 2 as well. http://blueicesailing.com/

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West to get married-2nd time marriage

Thanks for all the ideas, will have to talk about it. Is it reasonable to go down in June and stay? We are trying to decide whether we want to go close to home (Cincinnati area) and then go on a nice trip this fall or what, such decisions. But, Key West just looks so beautiful and sounds like fun even for a few days. I will check out the information though. Thank you

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
121 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West to get married-2nd time marriage

June is very reasonable IMO. It is also pretty hot and humid. Have fun planning!

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West to get married-2nd time marriage

Well, we have decided to get married in Key West. It was funny, the next morning I asked Jim if he thought about any places and he said Key West, that was too ironic, so we are going to go to Key West. Now, I have to find out all I can in about 2 or 3 weeks. I will take any information I can get, because that is where the big day is going to be. Can't wait! Place to stay, fun and whatever else is gladly accepted.

Thank you

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,781 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Key West to get married-2nd time marriage

Or - just a thought here. Maybe get married in Islamorada and honeymoon for a couple of days in KW? Check out Pierre's, Morada Bay and Island Fish Co's beaches for a wedding. Beautiful, and you could do just a few people or make it big. One of the prettiest settings in the Keys.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
246 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Key West to get married-2nd time marriage

Hi and congrats on your upcoming wedding. I wrote a reply a while back to another bride a few years back (you should be able to find it on my profile page, sorry using an iPad and it doesn't let me link post in e mobile version).

Securing the marriage license is fast and easy, any notary can perform the ceremony. I looked into wedding planners 13 years ago and decided to into it all on my own. I did have more time to make arrangements ;-). Depending on what time of year and what time of day you are thinking for your wedding will impact suggestions. June can be hot and also rainy, but a rainy day in paradise beats a sunny day in the office anytime!

F&F

Key West, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Key West to get married-2nd time marriage

Congratulations! June will be hot here but nothing unbearable it's paradise after all. As others have mentioned there are the beaches. Smathers, Higgs Beach or Fort Zachary Taylor Park have some nice views with palm trees. June 5th to 9th is Gay Pride week here so some places may be filling up if you're considering that week.

Edited: 08 May 2013, 15:30
10. Re: Key West to get married-2nd time marriage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 07:17