We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

picking a hotel for a family

Wantagh
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
picking a hotel for a family

My husband and 2 kids, ages 12 and 19 would like to go to Key West in July. We've never been. I'm looking for a moderately priced resort type hotel, with a nice, active pool area. I'm trying to choose between Ocean Key, Pier House, Parrot Key and Southernmost Hotel. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Key Resort & Spa
Ocean Key Resort & Spa
2,752 Reviews
Key West, FL
Southernmost Beach Resort
Southernmost Beach Resort
6,085 Reviews
Key West, FL
Parrot Key Hotel and Resort
Parrot Key Hotel and...
4,502 Reviews
Key West, FL
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
conn
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: picking a hotel for a family

I've stayed at the DoubleTree Key West several times. They have a great pool. A little out of the way, but shuttle to downtown helps.

Mentioned in this post
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West
DoubleTree by Hilton...
3,844 Reviews
Key West, FL
Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,890 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: picking a hotel for a family

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. The only real maybe "hmmmmmm?" is Parrot Key. Lovely resort, but it's not in Old Town and has all of the road construction right now. And, I'm not sure why I feel this, but to me Ocean Key is less "resorty" then the others.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Key Resort & Spa
Ocean Key Resort & Spa
2,752 Reviews
Key West, FL
Parrot Key Hotel and Resort
Parrot Key Hotel and...
4,502 Reviews
Key West, FL
Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: picking a hotel for a family

You could also look at Blue Marlin, Best Western Hibiscus for moderately priced. You could also look at The Galleon for an active pool, and a two bedroom condo right on the edge of the bight area and still close to everything.

Mentioned in this post
The Galleon Resort And Marina
The Galleon Resort And...
504 Reviews
Key West, FL
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: picking a hotel for a family

We go with our 10 & 13 year old girls and always stay at the Pier House. Beach, Pool and everything is close by.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,016 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: picking a hotel for a family

The Pier Hoist would be good because of its location at 1 Duval Street, but also compare the Santa Maria Suites at the other end of, actually, Simonton. It's not so far away that you would need a cab or a car to get around.

Pjk

Mentioned in this post
Duval Street
Duval Street
11,451 Reviews
Key West, FL
6. Re: picking a hotel for a family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 05:17