We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robert is Here

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Robert is Here

Hi Everyone,

We are driving down to Key West from Miami next week and plan to stop at Robert is Here for the first time. Do they serve light lunches we can eat there or is it more like a fruit stand? I am really looking forward to trying one of their fruit milkshakes.

Thanks for the help.

Debb

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,802 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Robert is Here

When we stopped there a couple years ago it was only a fruit/veg stand - and of course the fruit shakes. Check their website to see if there's more now.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,550 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Robert is Here

AhHah is correct, Robert is Here is an excellent choice for the tropical shakes, fresh fruit etc. Look toward Homestead/FL City for lunch...

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Robert is Here

Ditto what everyone has already said. You can get fresh fruit shakes and smoothies and that's it as Robert is Here.

I can recommend, for a light authentic Mexican lunch, Rositas on Palm Drive in Florida City. It's in a cement block building 2 blocks before you would get to Krome Avenue (right side heading towards US1). It is clean, inexpensive and authentic. They have an "open kitchen" so you can also watch them prepare the food.

Edited: 16 May 2013, 12:42
Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,637 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Robert is Here

Watch for LYCHEE signs.

They are so good. I bought some last week. They were a little expensive, but worth every penny.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,208 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Robert is Here

Another vote for Rositas. And the shakes at Roberts - OMG good.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Robert is Here

Awesome! and thanks for the tip about Rositas too : )

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Robert is Here

Any relation to Robert the Doll?

tripadvisor.com/…49491046

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Robert is Here

I dunno. I'll take a picture and let's see if it shows up. LOL

houston area
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Robert is Here

Hey Buffettguy.....if we follow your directions (i think they are yours) from Fort Lauderdale Airport to key West...will we pass Robert is Here? The directions are...get on I595W right out of airport. At exit 10 A/B.....stay in far left lane which remains 595 W....then 2 miles later be in far right lane for exit 8...this is exit for turnpike. Can you modify these directions for a stop at Robert is Here? thanks!!!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,802 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Robert is Here

If you take hwy 997 you'll be only about a mile from Robert Is Here. I don't think the Turnpike has a convenient exit to go there. Google Robert Is Here for the address then use any online map service to see how to get to it from 997.