We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic stay in October

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
romantic stay in October

I'm taking my husband down to Key West in October for a long weekend. We don't get away too often without the kids so we're looking for a very adult oriented, romantic hotel.I've narrowed it down to Pier House or Southernmost on the Beach.I'd love some opinions on this.Thanks all!

Rockford, Illinois...
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic stay in October

I have not stayed at either property, but have stayed near each. I would recommend the Pier House, as it is much closer to many of the bars and restaurants my wife and I like. If I had to pay for a hotel in KW, I would look first at the Pier House – as the location is great. I have been lucky and able to use hotel points for all of my visits to KW, but this luxury will end after our trip in a week. The Pier House just changed ownership, but this should change things so much to where one would not want to stay there.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,765 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic stay in October

I'm not sure about the romantic part but the Pier House is on its own private beach with designated staff who clean it evert morning and at various times during the day. You can have drinks and eats on it. The Southernmost is on one of the public Key West beaches and is supposed to be cleaned by public workers but in my experience this is not always done well every day. You will share it with non-guests and cannot legally take drinks out onto it.

Pjk

Rockford, Illinois...
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic stay in October

I meant to say - that the changes should not be anything that would make someone not want to stay there.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,175 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: romantic stay in October

Neither of these is specifically adult oriented and both get kids and families at times. Of these two, I would recommend Southernmost on The Beach. The newer ocean front rooms are spectacular and there are private areas by the ocean you can sit at or relax in a hammock if you do not want to use the beach Pjk mentions. If you prefer the other side of the island closer to Mallory Square, look at Ocean Key Resort. Beautiful rooms, views and a great waterfront pool.

Finally, if you don't need to be on the water, I think the high end bed and breakfasts or boutique hotels are the most romantic (and no kids allowed!). Look at The Gardens or The Marquesa Hotel. One of these would actually be my first choice for a romantic vacation.

Edited: 28 May 2013, 22:34
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: romantic stay in October

Thanks......all good information! Actually, I was looking into the Marquess....it does look beautiful! I will consider all these options.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
468 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: romantic stay in October

Marquesa

Simonton Court

Harbor Inn

adults only*

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: romantic stay in October

Spent our wedding night at marquessa and a few anniversaries as well. Its our get away from home at home hotel.

Hershey...
Level Contributor
223 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: romantic stay in October

You might want to check out Olivia by Duval. Wife and I were there a few weeks ago. Staff is great. It is literally a minute from Duval street, but not in the heart of the bar blocks so it it is very quiet. It is an adult B & B. Clothing optional pool. If you can get the balcony room or the poolside room, you will absolutely love it!

No breakfast but the rooms are very clean. Parking is not great so you may need to drop off your bags and then look for parking. We parked the car a few blocks away and didn't touch it for 5 days.

I just did a review for OBD a few days ago. Ask for DJ in the office

~Bob~

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
617 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: romantic stay in October

when in oct...Fantasy Fest is Oct 18-27 many or most rooms will be booked by now...

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: romantic stay in October

I hope you are going prior to Fantasy Fest!! My pick would be The Gardens Hotel on Angela Street. It's a beautiful upscale B & B. It's not on the water but is in a lush tropical setting, in a great location. Adults only!!