We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pier House Rate Difference...

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Pier House Rate Difference...

Well.. we knew a rate change would be coming...

We have been booking our Harbor View King room at Pier House a year in advance for the last 4 yrs. The rates have been raised 80-165 pr night for 2014 depending on the day.

We stayed May17th- May 24th this year and the 2013 rates were 359 and 444 pr night depending on the day.

Looking at May 2014.... same room....same week.. 524 pr night.

Pier House always had the best rates for their rooms for the location, beach etc..

I guess we need to weigh the value of our Harbor View Room to determine if we will book this for 2014...

Watching the sunset from the balcony there was one of favorite parts of our trip but at almost 1k more for our week not sure it is worth it..

I hope they are planning some amazing changes for the good!

Sheffield Lake, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pier House Rate Difference...

I have to agree with you; that is quite a hefty increase. I'd rather spend that extra $1000 doing something fun in Key West, not paying for a room that I am hardly in anyway.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pier House Rate Difference...

Yep.. there is ALOT we can do with 1k for sure!

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,412 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pier House Rate Difference...

That's crazy, it would be $61 more per night than the King Oceanview Balcony rooms (AAA rate) at Casa Marina including the $25 resort fee. I know the Pier House is in a great location, but if I was going to spend that kind of money, I'd stay at Casa. Hopefully, bookings will slow down at Pier House and they'll lower the rates.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pier House Rate Difference...

How long does it take to walk from Casa to the waterfront .. (ie schooner wharf, conch etc.. )

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,412 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pier House Rate Difference...

It's a hike, probably 25 - 30 minutes. I wouldn't want to walk it multiple times a day, that's for sure. We had a scooter, so it was just a few minutes to get there. I would at least rent bikes for the week.

We stayed at Casa Marina in February after staying at Suite Drreams Inn right around the corner from there for eight nights in December. I didn't think I'd like staying that far, but I absolutely LOVED Casa and we spent a lot more time on the resort property than we ever do when we stay anywhere else.

Edited: 02 June 2013, 16:49
Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pier House Rate Difference...

You know, I never thought about scooters.. now that is a good idea.. I have some thinking to do.

Is there a beachside bar or restaurant at Casa? Sorry for all the questions.. but thanks for your help cruisemom2.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,953 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pier House Rate Difference...

Yes, there is a beachside bar, a much larger Beach, 2 pools. It is a much nicer property then Pier House if not for the location.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pier House Rate Difference...

Thanks SDT... The beach pictures look rocky... do you know if you can walk in without water shoes like Pier House or is it rocky like Ft. Zachary? Appreciate the help...

I also like that it is a Hilton property which works well for points! I will have to do some convincing though on the location with my boyfriend. Not sure if I can drive a scooter but it will be an experience.. maybe I'll make him drive us around... instead of getting 2.

With all my trips to Key West, I always stayed on the gulf side so this could be an adventure and enable us to get to some of the other restaurants and things we have wanted to try that have always been a little further than we wanted to walk...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
491 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pier House Rate Difference...

We used to stay at the Casa yrs. ago when it was owned by Marriott & absolutely loved it. We were there last year and there is a bar right on the beach & the servers come up to you if you want to order food/drinks. We would stay at the room overlooking the pool & had a balcony. We had a car.

We also stayed at Suite Dreams when it had a previous owner. We stayed in the Suite that had your own private pool and full kitchen. At that time they had a deal with the Casa that guests of SD could use the facilities at the CM. Now with all new ownerships I don't know if it is still the case. When new owners bought SD their rates also went up considerably.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pier House Rate Difference...

Wow, that is quite a difference!