We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Bus Transport

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
141 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Public Bus Transport

Hi All, Staying out at the Sunrise Suites off Roosevelt and was looking at the Bus service down to Duval St etc etc.. is it reliable ? safe ? well priced ? . been quoted $35 - $45 for return taxi fare.. and over three days it'll pile up, I'm sure !!! And guidance would be great..Regards..

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
140 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Bus Transport

Yes it is definately safe. Last time I was in Key West we stayed across from Samthers Beach. We got a bus schedule and twice a day took the bus. I forgot how much is was but I am thinking $1.00 each way? It was very economical. Do not hesitate to take the Bus.

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
141 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Bus Transport

Thanks kbear4 !!

Proctor, Minnesota
Level Contributor
300 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Bus Transport

We never took the buses, as we ended up staying closer to Duval. But, we originally had reservations on Roosevelt so we looked into the busing. The only downfall I remember is that they stopped running at a certain time.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,160 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Bus Transport

The taxi fares you were quoted seem high to me. Are you alone? Even so it would probably be mmore like $20.00 one way. Less for two people.

Pjk

Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Bus Transport

Agree with Pjk, taxi fare seems a bit high if its one way. $35 - $40 for a round trip seems more likely.

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public Bus Transport

I've used the bus service. It's very economical, you can buy a week's pass for $8. I didn't mind it at all. The only downfall for me was that it takes a little while to get where you're going because of all the stops.

Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public Bus Transport

Are bikes an option?

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public Bus Transport

The bus stop is less than a 5 min. walk from the suites. As mentioned very safe and economical. Last bus run is at 9 pm, I believe. From Old Town to the suites taxi should be around $20 for 2, one way including tip. Bike rentals are available all over the island.

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Public Bus Transport

The bus has a real time map, so you can see where the bus is and approximately when it will get to the stop you are at. You can get it on your phone also which is great.

http://kwtransit.com/map

10. Re: Public Bus Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 05:18